Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Question about CPU and Video cards....common... help please!
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Raugrist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OK, why don't you just upgrade to a decent video card? You can probably get a nice 32MB card for 50 cents. Well, maybe that's an exagerration, but now that we're up to 128MB+ (I use 128 as the example just because it's what I have), you can get the older ones much cheaper if you can find them. Check your paper.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yea... well... i dont think a huge video card will work a sh1ty pent 1 too well..

plus i dont want to spend money..

*** i posted my question at dev hardware forums ... so... yea...

but...
i think i mite just wait till june... *** i getting a wicked comp for downstairs..

then i will take the video card (2.5MB <<<also has goo d res and stuff...) from the current downstairs comp... then put that in my room comp... Smile
roer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Who the hell would put 512MB on a video card with sub-standard clock/mem speeds =P The memory is simply for loading textures and such, the more textures and the higher the resoloution the more memory is required on a video card.
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea... i finaly found out the memory of my second video card... this time it acually showed up in properties in windows... **i just put it into comp again..

its only 1MB!!!! sad... plus it cant do True Color 24bit..... and can only do 640x480...800x600....1000x800 res... **i dont know exact...
SAD!..

the other one that i have for upstairs comp can do the 1152x823 res... and can do the highcolor on that...
**sucks... true color only works on the 620x480 res...

my one downstairs...
2.25 MB...
can do high color 26 bit, true color 24 bit ...
on 640x480...800x600....1024x780....1152x823...1280x1024
**some of those may be off a bit..
also... it has an Internal CPU speed of 135 MHZ !!!! fasta then my fricking downstairs comp 120%% Sad.... .**upstairs comp is 166 Razz

but yea... its a pretty dam sweet 2.25 MB video card... Razz dontcha think??
Tseng Labs... something something / something something PCI

**i will be taking that later Wink
june... june... june..

*** yes... i could just buy a new 10 Mb video card... that ran at like 500 MHZ... but Razz...... me dont want to buy.... i rather buy my linksys router and GTA vice city for PS2 !Razz **only have 100$

............ yea.... who would want a 512 MB video card tho...
it would be so fricking HOT inside ur comp... ude need a fan just for ur vid card Razz
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: