Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 soup up internet
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

good speach short...
'

to add to that//.

also... ur PC speed.... how much other internet applications u have running...
routers / signal (if wireless)... ur connections **good wires etc...
ur brand and year of MODEM...... ur port settings... ur NIC card..

so... u cant dis a company... unless... uve had them in more then 3 towns.. and in 2 houses in each of those towns.. Razz ***** plus all the things i mentioned..

then u can have a more acurate idea...

.... i need somewhere to rant now that Hacker dan and others got me rallied up on the winamp thingy... and now they kinda ended it or dont care...

*** winamp thingy being that some are saying that it sucks...**which is totaly untrue...

http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=4555&start=60

but anyways.. hows linksys?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i realy like linksys, they have linux built in to them witch you can hack a turn in to a simple linux box. also they have lots of featchers to mess with and i think there wifi range is good on there routers. BUT i whould never buy another linksys wifi card for my laptop, they do routers well but cards poorly. there cards tend to over heat and some times just randomly stop working.

i have both the linksys router and the wifi router and they are gr8, the wifi router i have also has ethernet ports witch is a big help if you have a masive home network like i do and do not whont to buy tones of hubs.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cool.... good to know..

is G links or something liek that good???

no... im not confusing with

D-link..
**^ are they good??

for the NIC card with the antenea on it ???
\waht is the best company??
PC not labtop..

cuz i want to tell the tenants lioving upstairs *on the thrid floor (BIg house)

to get one of them cards so they can FIANNLY have internet.. Smile cuz b4 all they could have in dial up..
gamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok i got the mac thing working, but hacker dan, i dun reli understand how u can make an antena by urself, can ya explain deeper??
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

here are some sites on making diffrent kinds of antennas for wifi:

http://www.turnpoint.net/wireless/cantennahowto.html

http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/weblog/view/wlg/448

http://www.wifi-montauban.net/communaute/index.php/DisquettAntennaEnglish

you could also buy one, but what fun is that?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
gamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok cool thnx
recneps

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I would like to point out on this debate of the better ISP:
bell has 3 levels. the first 2 are identical in rogers and bell.
128kbps and 3 mbps
however sympatico's "NEW FASTER SERVICE" of 6mps is ummm $80/month. twice as fast, but twice the price Wink
and the sharing with ppl in your neighbourhood is no problem for me... my neightbourhood is all seniors... lol a whole.... 5 families with kids on my street... and probly only 1 has cable internet Wink
roer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Errr recneps, the Ultra level of Bell Sympatico is 4000/800, not 6mbps....and Roger's has a business package in case you've never heard of it, it's Rogers equivelent of the Ultra package

http://www.rogers.com/english/businesssolutions/internetpackages.html
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

..... Razz...... and if u really wanted im shure each company has an ultra ultra package for 'Special' customers... Wink so Razz

hahahahahahh...

whats the best company to buy wireless NIC cards ???

***for use with a linksys wireless router
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i am no lognger going to coment on this dum isp debate, it is all about what tech u like more cable or DSL.

any how the best wifi card in my option is made by ORiNOCO, but i only have there laptop card. the linksys one for PC is not bad i was talking about linksys ones for laptop wich sucks.

one thing to look for in a card is that it alows u to hoke in an extreanl antnaten. that way if u ever need to bost the rang u can do it easly.
recneps

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

My friend has linksys for pc, not laptop, he says it owns Wink (but then again he hasnt tried another type, so its really just hit and miss.)
roer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:
..... Razz...... and if u really wanted im shure each company has an ultra ultra package for 'Special' customers... Wink so Razz

Errrr these are residential services as well as commercial services, you don't have to own a multi-million dollar corporation to get an ultra or business package
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

....... . . . . .. . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . .

still... if u asked each company if they had somethign to cater to a 20 MB/s (example..) server,... i bet they could arange it ... anythings posible..

its all about the bling blang Wink
roer

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:
....... . . . . .. . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . .

still... if u asked each company if they had somethign to cater to a 20 MB/s (example..) server,... i bet they could arange it ... anythings posible..

its all about the bling blang Wink

A server? Or a connection? Theres theoritical limits you know =P I that a large company would use Roger's services. There are special companys for these things
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea.... i gues they would go do a diff company not rogers.... ... well... either way... its all up to the ISP to do what speed... **depends on the hardware they are giving out.. the modems ... and their data lines.. so... they have to think on bugeting and if it would be benificial to have to get EVERY1 new hardware etc to support...
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 4  [ 60 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: