Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Should Drugs and Prostitution Be Legal?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

papatya wrote:
it becomes pathetic when the only form of happiness/fun comes in a drug form.

i mean there are better things to do with your time, natural highs are better, and cheaper than you can get in substance form.

Natural high wats that? sex? Razz lol jokin or am i?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

jonos... I'm guessing you've never actually tried smoking pot? if not then please fuck off. thanks, have a nice night.
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Whether I have smoked marijuana is not the issue. You cannot justify telling me to fuck off just because of my opinion and my lack of smoking pot. I haven't smoked pot for fear of addiction and psychological reasons. I have the right to have an opinion on an illegal substance, so please don't act like an idiot. Even if I had smoked marijuana, I'm sure I would still have the same opinion about it. Think what society would be like if everybody smoked marijuana, and it wouldn't be good regardless of your thoughts on it.

You expressed an opinion of prostitution in "I don't give a fuck". Have you ever bought a hooker or have you ever been a hooker?

I'm sure many people who have replied to this haven't smoked pot, and this thread shouldn't be reserved to pot heads (or occasional pot smokers).

Edit: This is pissing me off. I'm finding it hard to accept that there are people here who think that discussion of marijuana is reserved for those who have smoked it. Would those people then agree that discussing abortion is for those who have had an abortion? Or the discussion of politics for only those who are politicians? Evil or Very Mad Pissing me off.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

how can you have such a strong opinion against something you really know nothing about? personally... I think if we lived in a society where everyone smoked pot, everyone would be a lot kinder and open minded... but it's too late for a nice world for mankind... we blew that one a long long time ago
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I know enough about marijuana. Having knowledge of something does not necessarily mean that I have to have experienced it. Everyone may be a lot nicer if everyone was stoned indefinitely, but how would our factories or offices function, or how would we learn, or how would we be able to drive cars safely. If drugs were readily made available to us, our society could very well evolve into that society depicted in Brave New World, and I'm many of us don't want that.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if you ask me, we'd be a lot better off without a lot of the advancements we've made in science and technology .. a simple way of life
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

A society where everyone smoked pot? The earth wuld be a hot box Very Happy

I am an occasional pot smoker and it reall doesnt effect me except for the few hours while im stoned. Jonos its really not that bad if your not addicted and only do it sumtimes.
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Of course we'd be better off, but now that we have it we just can't put it all in a time capsule, bury it, and then go on living like neanderthals. We need technology for when the aliens come and attack us.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dauntless

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paddy, have you even read my philosphy? lol..I already said that we'd be better as cavemen.

But saying that if everyone smoked pot, it would be better, thats just silly.. I bet racists say that about worlds where theres only one race, just to give you an extreme example.
templest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have no problem with prostitution. Although I personally would not pay for a hummer. But you have to see it as a form of descrimination when a woman isn't allowed to sell her own body for the use which she obviously approves of. Unless that woman isn't get beat by a pimp for not realling in enough cash. There's no problem to it. What's wrong with a woman selling her body? If she has the looks, the skill/talent, and the ability to do so, let her do it. Why must society feel so offended and worried about prostitution? It's not like half of the people running the country haven't ordered one all ready. It's an honest job, and they would be doing their part in the economy. As well, if you don't agree with the above, you can kiss me @$$. Just kidding... but look at it thisa way:

You're never going to get rid of prostitution, so why not make it legal so as to be able to have some control over the industry and:
a) set safer guidlines (ie: minimum age required to sell your body)
b) they would pay taxes on all the cash they make, and therefor help the country in that way, if not all the other ways they would is enough already.
c) get rid of the pimps.
d) create a better working environment.
e) safer for the clients. ie: you would have to pass a government health test in order to be a prostitute and therefor clients would be guaranteed being safe from STD's. And vice-versa, clients could have a test themselves to make sure the actual girls don't get deseases themselves.

I respect prostitutes. If a woman has the energy to suck 60 cocks a day to put food on the table and give their kids some financial stability, that takes balls (figure of speech).

If I had a learning disability or just don't have the intelect to get any other job, and I looked like a calvin klein model, I wouldn't mind whoring myself for some $$$.

That's just me.
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dam straight templest... way to say it...
100% agree with your views,,,, except im not shure the hookers would pay the taxes,,,
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, they'd be like carpenters and pawn shops, but if they worked in government owned brothels they would be forced to... Unless they did work on the side.
templest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

But that would be expected. Everyone cheats on their taxes at some point. What was that whole sponsorship scandal again? If that much cash was spent on "National Unity". Id be making out with someone from ottawa right now.
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what exactly is ur avatyar templest??? anways... yea.... that sponsership deal... ahah.... the liberals got fooked..... (probaly..) but i dont watch the politics that much... pretty boring..
templest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's a "Space Angel". Some random, cool looking pic from DeviantArt [deviantart.com]
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 4  [ 60 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: