Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Should Drugs and Prostitution Be Legal?
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think y'all are missing one thing with the legalization of pot and the government getting involved and shit.... if the government fucks it up too much (cost too much, shitty shit, etc) everyone is just gonna keep doing it illegally any way

but personally, I think it should be legalized, because we should be able to do to our bodies what we want... especially when it's a natural plant you're talking about, not some manufactured or treated whatever. a couple points on how stupid it is that alcohol is legalized and pot isn't...

how many fatal accidents do you hear about from a stoned person driving?

how many people have you seen hospitalized from alcohol compared to hospitalized from weed? (including from things you might do while stoned or drunk, not just the drug itself)

how many stupid, regretable things have you said when you're drunk compared to when you're stoned?

ever vomitted or had a hang over from smoking dope? (it's very difficult to smoke so much that you puke... you'd probably be too baked to want to smoke any more before that point any way .. and I'll tell you, you aren't gonna get a hang over from getting high, probly just get real hungry then tired Razz)

ever become violent when you were high? probably not, you'd more likely get mad at someone and be like "man I'm too stoned and lazy to get up and hit you"

the bottom line is that alcohol makes people lose control of their body and unable to function properly, can put you in a violent mood for no real reason, can make you sick and leave you with nasty hang overs.

pot... puts you in a good mood, takes away some functionality, but different functionality than alcohol (makes you lazy/tired). pot is very difficult to od on and doesn't leave you feeling sick the next day. and you most likely aren't going to crash your car when you're high (you're more focused and some people tend to drive slower)... oh yeah, pot also makes you more creative

as for prostetution I don't give a fuck, I'm not buying a hooker whether it's legal or not

P.S. 600th post Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Heh, congrats Very Happy Exclamation

Ya alcohol can make people violent like my one friend on fridau not just start punchin people and shitfor no reason. Most of the time alcohol makes people frisky and flirty in my experiance. But then theres the heavy drinker low lifes who beat there wives and drive drunk.
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Fact: 80% of the people who commited sexual assault was under the influence of drugs/alchohol
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

most likely alcohol or a different drug... something like E that actually does make you more "frisky" but E is pretty sketchy any way because it's manufactured, so you can't ever be 100% sure what's in it unless of course you made it yourself or watched the person make it

as for people being more frisky when they're drunk... BEER GOGGLES!! hahahahahaahahahaha just appear to be more options when you're drunk Razz
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the thing about marijuana is that when/if a pot smoker finally get to the point that they realize that being stoned legally all the time is not the best thing for productivity in the work place, ensuring your kids are growing up with a half-decent set of morals, etc, then they will want the government to pay for their rehabilitation, and most likely they will sue the government for legalizing marijuana and transforming them into a sad and sorry person, like those people who smoke cigarattes are doing (ok this is just a small percentage, but...), and also the effects of pot are a lot worse than smoking (ask homer), so this will put a strain on our already screwed healthcare system. if health care became a mix between private and public, then maybe yes, as long as im personally not funding the pot head who needs help. also, the majority of the population is not smoking pot, so why not just keep it illegal and let the people who want to smoke it get it in their own way.
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well panda the girls i was with were hot before i was drunk and even hotter after!

Wat im thinkin is that legalizing pot may take all the fun out of smoking it for sum people. Many people do things for the exhilaration of doing it, but if its legal the who that fook cares.
jonos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sorry to spam , but i have to tell maverick this lest he believe im a four sided polygong with equal sides and equal angles, i dont' drink because alcoholism runs in my family on both sides, i have great uncles, unlces, greate aunts, aunts, grandparents who are alcoholics and its not funny to know about. baileys tastes awesome though.
Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bacardi Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rum tastes like shite (is that even rum Confused ). i hate the taste of almost every form of alcohol.
Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well its an aquired taste, like beer. But ya it is rum.
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

woot! go rice wine!!
jonos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

and whisky!!! my dad gives me a glass when i have a cold (a realy small glass)
Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

small glass my ass. Wink
jonos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no im serious, he's really serious about stuff like that Rolling Eyes
Catalyst

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

alcohol is fun
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 4  [ 60 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: