Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The Death of TechTv?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ya um i seen that too, many times. Are you suppose to buy these channels??
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
ya um i seen that too, many times. Are you suppose to buy these channels??

while if u had techtv or g4 b4, you will have g4techtv now. alougth if u did have techtv b4 you are porbly sercicely thinking about geting ride of that chanel and if you had g4 b4, while then you may be intudcedted to somting new, intelgent thougth.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
damed15

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

techtv is a great program but is crawling with crap shows like future fight machines that belongs in an army ad its is totaly opposite of the shows programs. Xplay is cool, anime unleashed is great exept they switch the shows so often you don't get the whole story behind it and that a major problem for me at least, But i still like Inyushia on catoonnetwork, well actualy its adult swim but still its cooler. Laughing . Also Electric playground, if you get it i am in america so if you don't get it that sucks, its a great program that reviews games and hardware and other stuff but no were nere techtv. Exclamation Laughing
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

We do not get anime unshled in canada but we do get call for help with the U.S. no longer gets Razz

Any how tho have u seen tech tv in the last few months? b/c alot of there shows are gone now and replaced with g4 shows.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
templest

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I unsuscribed to that channel the second I found out about the "merger". The only thing left for me on TV now is "CSI: NY" (Crime Scene Investigation: New York) starting on Wednesday 22nd at 7:00 PM I believe, on Spike TV, as well as "The Daily Show" on the Comedy Network every night at 11. Wink

Those are the only two shows I never miss. I'm not about to buy that channel again just to watch one show, screw that.
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

umm... CSI : NY is on CTV... ... jeeze... spike only gets the reruns ...

or shows last seasons best ones...

btw... shaw did an eceelent screw up a week back..

they have this preview chanel that cycles thru all paid channels and shows each one for 2.5 minutes and shows o nthe side what channel.. and whats on withing the next 5 hours..

but it got stuck for like 4 days... on tech TV and a movie channel.. cycling back and forth.. every 5 minutes.. Smile ... but the display for channel was stuck on tech tv... it was awsome... and so far what i saw... that channel is coool!.... arena.. screen savers... plus a coouple othres i forget the names name...
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

CSI: Ny btw sucks, the origional CSI rocks Razz the best
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

area is not cool it is the spawn of the devil (G4) (well i guse it is good the 1st time u see it but affter that u soon learn they play the same games on every ep b/c the g4 part is bougth out by serveral game companys.), it is a shame u did not see it while it realy was techtv. They lost so many good shows and had them all replaced with MTV whont to be ones.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sory to bring up an old topic and doble post, but i just saw g4techtv agane affter being w/o cable for 20 days. And all i can say is, wow. Is there any techtv left in there? TSS is a shell of what it used to be now with only keven being the person with any kolage what so ever and not much comaperd to the old hosts. And the new staff is like MTV go wrong. I also hured today that they are geting ride of futuer fighing mashens and innvent this. Tho they are not the best shows to start with, it dose show that the techtv part is dieing even more, so much so that i whould not even consider this network techtv in any way any more. There is only one show left that is acatuly about technogly and that is Call for help, tho it is only on in canada. Shure there are some good game shows, but only the ones not made by G4 and can all be goten on other networks like space ecxepted for X-Play. But X-Play is 1/2 of what it used to be and will be just as dead as TSS in at least a month. I can not see how G4 is going to last much longer, they are losing viewers fast and they where going backrouded b4 they mergeae with techtv.

One thing i do find asmuing about this is that the g4 forums are now fileld with the old techtv fans but are also mixed in with the mindless MTV perteen flamers. It has lead to some very intresting topics, almost the flame wars of all flames wars. It has goten to the point that there is now an froum on there bord for flaming about the merger. Even tho G4 is trying to cecsers every one they are posting to fast and in to many numbers to block them all nor delete all there posts.

As i preidicted in the start of this topic techtv is dead and all the remainds is G4 chewing on the remaines of a once informtive, enterning and unbasied netwrok. Even tho it has been fun watching this train reck i think that the last of the true techtv fans are leaving the network and hoping for better networks to rise from the ashes.
templest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
One thing i do find asmuing about this is that the g4 forums are now fileld with the old techtv fans but are also mixed in with the mindless MTV perteen flamers. It has lead to some very intresting topics, almost the flame wars of all flames wars.

*whilst creating an account for G4:TechTV forums*

templest says: "Home, sweet home."
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I dont know how well u whould fit in there, most G$ kids are.....unintelcuatl at best. There flames whould consits of "you suck" and "$%@# you" while the techtv views whould be going on about how evil G4 is for taking over techtv and killing it just so they whould not have to comepet with them. Tho it whould deftaly be intresting to see there reaction to your....uniqieck persolitatly.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hahah.. good ol templest...

hehehe..

man that sucks.. and that shaw preview channels fixed... it only lasted 4 days. Sad.... o well.... that sucks that thats happening tho... maybe a phenix will rise from the ashes and toaly new networkd will be made?
apomb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan : did you mean to put "g$" cuz thats kind of a coincidence seeing that microsoft is knnown as "M$", and they are taking over everything and destroying it , now G4 is also ... just thought i'd bring the coincidence up ...

that is all

ooya one more thing,G4TechTv is the only network that is playing the NHL Season! they are playing every game on NHL 2005 every saturday, just like the regular season .. i find this very interesting, even if none of you are interested in hockey
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 28 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: