Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Building computers
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think it's more like october when asus, ati and amd do a big release (probably is one in summer too though).... I remember I built this comp (t-bird 1.4, asus a7a266 and ati radeon 64mb ddr) in like the first week on september, then like a month, month and a half later my friend builds pretty much the same comp, but with the new stuff (athlon xp, asus a7v266 and radeon 7500)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
recneps

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok, i was looking at some parts at FutureShop.ca
1) is that a good place to get parts?
2)am i understand right that this is a case + Motherboard?
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10032729&catid=10481&atab=4&spviewed=&logon=&langid=EN&dept=18&WLBS=fsweb16
Thanks. Very Happy
poly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1) I wouldnt recommend buying from futureshop...Everything is overpriced and most of there staff aren't looking to help you get the most efficient computer for your needs, they just want you to keep buying better PC.
Check out these online sites: http://canadacomputers.com and http://ncix.com. Both are excellant sites, Ive bought off both and there great, cheap prices too...

2) Yes its a motherboard and Case
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oemexpress.com if there's one near you
dealsdirect.ca
recneps

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i want to buy the parts from a store if possible, and theres a futureshop in my town, and i dont think theres anywhere else that sells the parts :/
poly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

recneps wrote:
i want to buy the parts from a store if possible, and theres a futureshop in my town, and i dont think theres anywhere else that sells the parts :/

Canada Computers is a store, there just outside of brampton i think, check out there locations on there site.

I would not recommend buying from Futureshop, there stuff are overpriced, why pay more when there is a store/online site that has it for less
recneps

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok, Canada Computers is too far from my house Sad
So ive decided, start easy and simple. Im gonna upgrade the ram on this comp. But how do I know its compatible? And what its max is? (this comp isnt even made near me its a big brand) so i cant really ask someone. Its 3 years old.... if anyone knows where they can get info on my comp its the emachines 633irx (the stuff is no longer on their website, it used to be like 2 years ago ;D)
recneps

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok, disregard the last post.
I never thought a big computer company would give such detailed manuals (i found the PDF manual on my comp in "C:\Manual\" Who'd a thunk it eh? lol)
It even shows in like 5 steps with pics and everything how to replace processor, add / remove ram, even open/close the case! Lol
anyways, heres what it says about ram.
(attached pic)

ram.jpg
 Description:
eMachines 633irx RAM from manual.
 Filesize:  37.73 KB
 Viewed:  1736 Time(s)

ram.jpg

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
recneps

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

BIG QUESTION!: Is ram autmatically detected at startup? Or do i need to run the setup prog?

And no ones reading this anymore, dont even know why im asking. Sad
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i bivle if the mother borad and biso is set up right it should decteted it aucamiclu. at least it did when i was messing with my comps, i dont know atone about this stuff so i could be wrong.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
naoki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Tiger Direct has a warehouse in Toronto, I think off of Highway 5

They sell pretty good stuff, and you can ask dodge when he comes back about his system that he bought there. Free shipping is a bonus for all Laughing
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah man.. you should tell us what cities or whatever you live close to so we can help you find a store nearer to you

ram is detected automatically on computers newer than like 10 (dunno exactly how long ago) years
recneps

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok, Oshawa is largest city next to me, but pickering is only like 20(?) minutes down the 401 Smile

And heres what im getting (on sale PLUS $20 mail in rebate Very Happy AND its a good brand Very Happy)
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&dept=0&WLBS=fsweb11&sku_id=0665000FS10006748&catid=&newdeptid=18

Hopefully my mom will take me to FS when she gets home from work Very Happy
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 28 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: