Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Mozilla
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
apomb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

COOL ... i was just wondering , cause i bought some glows and i didn't see them Crying or Very sad but for everything else , MOZILLA ROCKS!!!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

MeH, really...what's so fun and amazing about glows? Confused
also, from now since compsci changed stuff-- shouldn't this be in the GD?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

'If your not sure where to post, GD or spam, put it in spam'.
I suppose it could go in GD, its fine where it is Confused

Thanks tony Smile
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't get whats so good about mozilla
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Firefox seems to load the pages REALLY fast for me (well, not really fast. but really fast compared to IE. It's still rather slow :'( ) because it actually uses those cookies. For somereason while I was using IE it wouldn't save cookies of every1's avatars so i'd be DLing them all the time. Also, the tabs are really nice. It saves you from having a ton of IE windows open,. Also, when you open a link in a new IE window, it takes a second to load IE again, which is doesn't with firefox.

plus it looks cool. Very Happy

Cheers
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
The reason they have that warning there is because FireFox is still in development stages (its releace being prior to 1.0) so they don't want you to rely on it for 'mission critical' tasks...

I imagine that if you work for NASA and want to write a spaceprobe control app in a .Net language... mozilla doesn't want you to run it through their browser Laughing

Sorry, it's an older reply, but I just wanted to add that FireFox is still more reliable than IE. I have yet to have FireFox crash on me, and only rarely do I come across pages that won't load with it.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mozilla has crashed once on me-- it was when loading a PDF file (it's not mozillas fault actually...crasses when i load it either way..)
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I hate PDFs. At least, I hate Adobe Acrobat Reader. Are there any other PDF readers out there? And for that matter, any Adobe programs that don't take 10 seconds to load? Crap, I got off topic, sorry...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i find that my pdfs don't load too slowly. i find them really good for some things, but adobe acrobat messes up a lot on me, like it won't let me print, but if i relaunch it it works, so...
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The worst part about IE is the pop-ups. OH MY THE POP UPS.

I think netscape bites the dirty ass
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i don't like netscape because it looks stupid, as with mozilla regular i think i had that once, but firefox is a lot better. has anyone ever tried opera? iveheard that its pretty good.
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Maverick wrote:
The worst part about IE is the pop-ups. OH MY THE POP UPS.

I think netscape bites the dirty ass

Well maybe if you'd stop clicking on links that would give you alot of popups, like links on warezforum???
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

that's the good thing, click any links that are suppose to have pop ups, it will be blocked ;D cool
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Here it is in one simple pic:
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hehehe nice! Laughing
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 4  [ 48 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: