Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 what school did u learn turing in?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Blade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lmao, yea thats a great idea! they wanted to leave us anyways... whats with the french politions anyways?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Asok

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

we'd still have to learn french anyways because it's part of "Canadian culture" Americans need to learn spanish through school, there aren't any spanish as a first language states, it's just that it's part of "American Culture" from when they robbed the land from the Mexicans. Just as the British took the land from the French, it's now part of Canadian culture.

I think it's sorta like, "we're sorry we killed your ansestors and took your land but to prove we're not all bad, we're learning about your culture and language, so we're even now."

Then of course there is some asshole in parliament who's like "haha stupid indians gave us their land for whisky! GG K THX! I pwned the indians! All your land are belong to us! HAR HAR!"
Blade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

haha, yea great way of putting that asok... i dont think it should be part of our culture because we did fight the french for the land we took... and of course the english did win.. but now there's french people ruling us? Shocked Rolling Eyes damn i gotta quit thinkin about how screwed it is its giving me a headache Sad
Asok

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

um I don't really understand where u're coming from.

In all 3 instances there was fighting over land. And what do you mean by ruling us? I don't think Canada is a monarchy, I don't believe there is some frenchman king on a throne waving a septer demanding his jester to entertain him by injuring himself.

But then again... I don't know much about politics Wink

EDIT: Yes I know before you say it that there are other governments where you can have rulers that aren't monarchys, but for the sake of this joke I used monarchy.
Blade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

by ruling i mean we have a french government... it has been quite a while since we've had an english prime minister...

edit: damn i didnt realize i was being that racist... oh well, (lol my background is all english)
Asok

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well the idea is to have a bilingual primeminister to essentially win votes from both sides. If the electorate couldn't speak french fluently, that would not bode well amongst the french voters who believe that a french prime minister will protect french culture and interests.
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

BUT WHAT ABOUT COMPUTER SCIENCE?!
Blade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

heh yea... its just an opinon though, and we all have different ones... i dont like the idea of french, and asok does (or does he?)... but darkness is right... WE NEED REAL COMPSCI!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Asok

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

maybe my postion wasn't clear:

french blows, dropped it in grade 9 to take comp sci 10
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i like french (im immersion), and asok how did u drop french in gr. 9 isnt it mandatory?
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

here's what I suppose we can do. Since we'll be conventrating on Ontario program first (since all provinces have different education programs as it is) we dont need to deal with french speaking crazy people.

http://www.premier.gov.on.ca/english/email/

I got to go now and dont have time to make guidelines for the message to send. I will post one on monday. Please give sujestions.

Oh... and I assume they need mailing address to come and kill us. Damn, we should get a PO box Wink
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Asok

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Catalyst, I did credit substitution. Basically the credit where french is supposed to be, I filled it with gym.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dan has not done french since grade 7 Wink
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Blade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lucky...so very lucky... it doesnt help when you have a stupid teacher either haha
Ravage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, I dont think french is really needed, but its not like we have to take it all the way through high-school. But the I agree with Tony on selling Quebec, no more whining complaining hippy frenchies would do Canada a great deal, and I think the states would shoot them all anyways Smile, but some of those frenchies are hot (and dont know much English Smile) plus its not like we need 10 provinces anyways.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 6 of 7  [ 92 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: