Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Looking for an outline
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MatthewDaigneau

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:09 pm   Post subject: Looking for an outline

Sorry if this is in the wrong area, but I downloaded Turing for home use and I need an outline because I forgot the layout of my school one. Thanks -Matt

P.S. By outline I mean starting template
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:44 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for an outline

What do you need a template for? You can do just fine without one.
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:54 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for an outline

Turing isn't like languages like java where you need to lay out a class and a main method before you can start programming.

Just start doing whatever you want to do.
MatthewDaigneau

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:40 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for an outline

All right. My school has one that works pretty well for me, but alright.
MatthewDaigneau

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:53 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for an outline

This is just asking your opinion now, but how many people would use an outline? It does seem like it would help.
MatthewDaigneau

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:50 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for an outline

Turing can be pretty infuriating sometimes. I get that it's my fault, but please, I do not need to know error code when I simply forgot to use a comma.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:02 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for an outline

I don't think I've ever used an outline since my first week of 10th grade compsci, and that was just a basic 'do input here', 'do processing here', 'do output here' kinda deal.

If you're looking for the syntax on for loops, if statements, etc., then just look at the documentation. It will show you. If you click on 'turing' at the very top centre of this page, there will be a link to the documentation that you can use. You can just look up the command you're trying to use from there.
MatthewDaigneau

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:12 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for an outline

I feel like such an idiot compared to you guys. How did you learn all of these things?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:27 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for an outline

You'll learn through school and extra-curricular programming if you have enough of an interest to pursue personal projects.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:53 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for an outline

Lots of practise. I spent just about every lunch hour in high school playing with Turing, and god only knows how many hours at home.
MatthewDaigneau

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:58 am   Post subject: RE:Looking for an outline

I don't think my parents would even let me do that.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:46 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for an outline

The nice thing about programming is that you can claim it's homework. My parents had strict limits on computer gaming, but basically let me work on programs as long as I wanted. Are your parents going to tell you you're not allowed to do your homework?
MatthewDaigneau

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:48 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for an outline

No. I use homework as an excuse to look at Rage comics all the time. I only get an hour of games a day. Apparently they give me bad marks. At least my parents aren't the type that claim they make you violent.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:00 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for an outline

So use homework as an excuse to do homework instead.
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:40 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for an outline

You could also tell them that the average computer science undergraduate salary is $60000, rising to over $100000 with seniority and experience.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2013/04/15/college-degrees-with-the-highest-starting-salaries-3/ (How the heck do you hyperlink on this forum)
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: