Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Blitz BASIC Game Contest
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Other Basics
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:40 pm   Post subject: Blitz BASIC Game Contest

Okay Jonos and Cervantes , heres your chance to shine , 200 bits to the winner at my discretion, give me your best shot , you have 2 MONTHS to complete your work , no cheating as i can tell what you have and have not coded , Very Happy Very Happy , You may use a previously submitted program , but the code MUST BE IN BLITZ that is the main rule , bonus points for using compex commands , if you satisfy a bonus you will recieve this prize

BONUS =

Different Camera Angles = 20 bits
moving a 3dmodel = 20 bits
Textured World = 30 bits
3d world = 50 bits

Anything else like pong or somthing is just normal , if you can do any of the bonuses your are eligable fpr the bits at my discression Very Happy Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh By the way you can post your progress in your own thread ,jsut make a thread that has [ contest ] in it , and you can post questions and updates so far in their , it officially starts when you both see this message and make your threads , they can be name less for now ,if your not sure what you are doing for it yet
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

aarrrrrgggghhhh.. I have much homework! Well, I'll try Razz

btw I'd rather not go for the bonuses right now seeing as how I want to get more familiar with the 2D world of blitz.
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok, ok, ok, ill try to do something. ill have to make something really easy though because i also have lots of homework, maybe at march break there can be another contest because then there isn't as much homework. i may submit a game and i may not, ill have to see how much i get done and how good it is.
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OKAY HTE DATES ARE ALL CHANGED NOW ive given you lots of time , you even get the march break , so you can gather thought and write code later
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, thanks, i still need to learn a lot though
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sweet. And this way Maverick can now have enough time to learn the language and participate Smile

I dunno if I should do Slime Volleyball though.. I might get bored part way through and want to quit. Any other good but not too difficult ideas?
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh ill do my best. Ill take the next few days to learn i guess.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ive quit with the game thing. i think its a little premature when im tyring to build a game with syntax i don't know. im going to wait a bit. ive done a bit though, almost straight from blitz help and shorthair's tutorials but its alright. i probably won't submit a game.
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

AHhh cmon jonos im gonna know even less then you wil.
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, ill still try to make the game but it may not be done. here is what i have done (its a little plagiarised but i put some of it together):

removed code, sorry everyone no more messiness from jonos
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

setscreen ("offscreenonly") = SetBuffer BackBuffer()
View.Update = flip

about your prog. don't post it in here, it makes it yucky Razz also, we don't have the texture, but that doesn't matter.
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im just tryiong to encourage you , i wanna see your half done games , i want your terrible and great code , i want you guys to learn mabye if you cant finish it , we cado it together and make somthing out ofit , not one her is gonna submit a god like program none of us are awsome , you uys are just having somme fun remember that , submit whatr you got nd get some bits , im not gonna say you suck , im more interseted in seeing you guys get to know a language , jsut sit back and enjoy
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dude, that made me really happy. i feel better about my blitz abiliityes now and maybe i will submit it. at least we have a lot of time. thats really goodl
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

indeed! There is no harm in submitting it! Smile
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Other Basics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: