Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 so how did you guys do on this years CCC?
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
zylum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well then why does it work for the first 2 and not the others? hmm... i checked my orientation and i cant seem to find any mistakes...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zylum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bugzpodder wrote:
tony wrote:
limited_skillz wrote:
did anyone finish j5?

im takin gr 12 (im in 11)

what's going on? Confused I though junior contest had a restriction that allows you to write it just once and only if you have no more then 1 CS credit Confused ... Thinking

i guess i should have taken the junior Embarassed

lol, i should have taken junior too!!! (i only have 1 credit of compsci) it would have been sooo much easier lol... well atleast i would have gotten a better score than i did on the senior... i made some pretty stupid mistakes on the senior one Sad

btw, can someone plz post the J5 question??? i want to see if its as difficult as everyone says it is
Touya-kun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm in Grade 10 (but taking grade 11 comp sci), and I got 59. Scarily enough, that's actually the third-highest mark in the school. I didn't get J5, and for some reason, on the J4 question, one of my outputs came out a character too short. All the other outputs worked fine--but this one was missing an "I" at the end. I still have no clue why. Rolling Eyes

Ah well, there's always next year Very Happy
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Same. I finished with 59 in the junior, and lost one mark one the first question.

"The square has a side length of: #", I put.

Needed "The square has side length of: #"

one letter...

-bunny
bevoyleick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it was SO crappy, the judges suxxor!!! they told us not to put extentions to our code in our "read-file" command, so we only put "data11" for the filename, but then we got a comment from the judges that said "Garbage, crashed". How the hell are we supposed to read files in Turing without adding extensions??
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

umm..easy?

code:
var filein : int
open : filein, "data11", get

no extension is required for input and output to files.
bevoyleick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

what?? does it even work? how does turing know how to read the file if it doesn't have the extensions??
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

bevoyleick wrote:
what?? does it even work? how does turing know how to read the file if it doesn't have the extensions??

Laughing it reads its ASCII or binary depending on how you open the file. Just cuz the extension says its a photoshop file, turing will not become a drawing program if you open that file Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bevoyleick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why did the program run fine when we added ".txt" to the read file command then?
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

maybe when you declared it in turing, you had .txt?

code:
open : filein, "data11", get

and

code:
open : filein, "data11.txt", get

are two different things
bevoyleick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no, in all our read file commands, the filename is saved as a string, so we only had to change the value of the string at the start of the program and it'll apply to the rest. and we did put "data11" as the string value.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, the file itself might be named "data11.txt". Unless I see the actual code and know what happened there, I really can't tell you exactly what. But I am very certain that you can input and output to files without extensions, I should know, done it countless times at the DWITE competitions.
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

whens the next contest i mite want to enter.....
'*** a teacher suggested after seeing my pacman, text twist, and download manager
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i've entered the contest enough times but i've never figured out how to do pacman or any other sort of graphics stuff. Sad
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

short 1, before you say anything, remember that bugz does not use turing for his programs. I don't know if you do or not (not a huge pac-man fan), but before you start typing out hundreds of lines of message, remember: They do not use turing.
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 5 of 6  [ 90 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: