Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 COMPSCI.CA SHOP, What do you think?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

what do you think about the shop idea?
(No ending time set)
good idea
88%
 88%  [ 8 ]
ok idea
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
bad idea
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Asok

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Another thing I suggest be removed is the "Change Username" feature. Anyone can see the confusion sprouting from a change of identity.

Also, the mods need abilities to control this. A situation I do not want to see is people essentially spamming the boards or "bump" posts for bits.

We need to balance prices a bit, basically come up with an equasion to have "cooler/more desirable" effects more expensive so there is something to look towards or to save bits for. Specifics though we'll need to discuss and test privately.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
azndragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yep, a problem I always have is that some of my members just spam to get free money. Solution? Strict discipline, usually instant ban, because I do not tolerate it. Laughing May sound kinda harsh, but you don't have to necessarily ban them on the spot. There are lots of stupid people out there, and repeated warnings may not help, and that's when bans are necessary.

You should make a bit penality system. If someone spams, deduct double the amount of bits they gained from that post. And if they start flaming people, swearing, requesting/providing links to illegal software, such as Turing and RM2K, then deduct a lot of bits for them. At least this will help control the members who decided to spam for free money, although I hope we won't see any.

However, I hope to see a lot more members posting non-spam posts, and helping others out, because it couldn't hurt to have more help. "Certain" people *ahem*tony*ahem* help too much, and others should also follow his example if they have the knowledge Laughing Faster help will help everyone on the forum, so it could be a lot better Very Happy
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well for poleop worde about poleop chaging there rank, it is not a problem becuse you can cahge it back to it's defulet for free.

also you can not cahge the rank name to that of an exitsing rank, ie. "Hacker God".

as for the chaging of the name, i will probley take that out.

and the resion you dont see any items in poleops invotey is that they do not have any becuse we have not set up any 'items". note that efects are not "items".

we are plaiing on puting in some good stuff soon that will be higher priiced. and any one who spams to get points will be dispalned.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you know what would be cool? a sort of collecting game, where you can buy limited items and collect them Wink and you could trade them later. And make sertain combinations of items have some cool effect on your user account. 8)

About changing ranks. I think we should get rid of changing to custom rank and instead just give an ability to UPGRADE your rank. Such as instead of getting 100 posts for upgrade, you can say win a contest or submit a kickass program and get enough bits to upgrade right on the spot.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
azndragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Damn, you took away the changing of member title? Sad

You know what you should do? When you decide to buy a certain username/title effect, you should be able to preview it before confirming your choice.
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

we're thinking of selling items instead that will affect your user account. Such as a can of spraypaint to change the color of your username. Looking into programming aspect of that.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Asok

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

azndragon wrote:
Damn, you took away the changing of member title? Sad

We discovered that this ability to could be easily abused so it was removed.

I like the preview idea because a lot of the time you don't know what the colour will actually look like.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:22 pm   Post subject: update

Shop Update:

we got ride of chage user name

we got ride of chaging other users rank name

we added some other stores:

dan's compsci store:

buy e-mail and web hosting at compsci.ca

tonys shop:

buy stuff that dose ablosltey nothing, but is fun to have Wink

Asoks shop

not relay shure what this one will be about, but has a relay funny item in it Wink

also we messed with the prices a bite.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I likes 8) Very Happy Wink
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 24 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: