Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 cos and sin
Index -> General Programming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, all I know about that course is I have to take it, and its supposably the most difficult math course in the ontario high schools.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats an affirmative on that. Yes discrete math is good for prog, cause it teachs you angles and all the shiz, along with physics
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what's discrete math... whats the source code?

is that the 3u math course, because that is the hardest grade 11 math course and everyone is saying it's really hard and how they had to get a tutor to just get 75% in it. is it really that hard?
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well ppl who need tutors shuldnt be taking U courses. No that is 4U, at my school at least.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hehe, its MGA 4UI I think (grade 12), and tutors are useless, me excluded Very Happy, one person I tutored went from 60% to 85% Very Happy. But I'm in grade 10 and I have 102%, though it only shows 100 on the report card Sad I'll have to take AP calculus along with MGA course in grade 12, along with chemistry and physics, its cause I'm asian (my parents will whip me) and I wanna go into engineering. Very Happy
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You know you're a |\|ERD when ^^^^^
102% WTF is that? What course?
zylum

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, it's not that hard to get over 100% in grade 10 math...
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Uhh. K, best mark in grade 10 for us was 98%.
Hmm i got 72% but math is the root of all evil, and i never studied or did homework.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no one in my school can get over 99 because no one is perfect, even if they get perfect on tests. no one's communication marks should be perfect because that is not possible how they have it set up. the highest mark was around 93% and i was one mark below that, but i don't see how people can get over 100% because the way it is set up at my school it's impossible. even if you get close to that on all the test, you still can't get over 95%.

some schools are just weird.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bonus Very Happy extra credit, ez too. No stupid and careless mistakes either
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Still 102%. holy crap.
Acid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
SinA/a = SinB/b = SinC/c

Not to be anal-retentive, but you got that backwards.

a/SinA = b/SinB = c/SinC

Another use for these functions is when studying waves. Light and alternating current electricity are examples of sinusoidal waves.
apomb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It doen's Matter what way you put it!!! they still come out to be the same thing! Only its kinda easier to use SinA/a = SinB/b = SinC/c when finding an angle and a/SinA = b/SinB = c/SinC when finding sides.
thegoose

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Trig problems generally don't appear on computational geometry problems. Instead, vectors seem to be favored by some recent contests a lot. This is probably because trig generates ugly real numbers while vector still can keep everything as integers.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Maverick wrote:
You know you're a |\|ERD when ^^^^^
102% WTF is that? What course?

hey! back off! I'm getting 102% also Laughing
but really, 102 isn't all that great. thats a 93 before being multiplied by 1.1. my friend is getting 108%. Laughing
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 38 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: