Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 I challenge you to a flame war SHORTHAIR!
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Should shorthair think before he starts to flame someone?
(No ending time set)
yes
52%
 52%  [ 9 ]
no
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

8)

Wink

i call it danish
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i actually laughed right out lod , and thought that was one of hte best comments ever made on compsci, thats history boys ,

way to go dan and cervantes , for making shorthair laugh
templest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
think u can find a better example then the one u currtly are....

say what!? Confused

BTW: Shorthair, I'm bored. No response? Shocked
templest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

OK, Maybe I was mistaken when I made the refference to where English originated from... but after some reaserch I have found this (supported by various sources):
Quote:
English is descended from the language spoken by the Germanic tribes, the Angles, Saxons, and Jutes, that began populating the British Isles around 500 AD. These invaders pushed the original, Celtic-speaking inhabitants out of what is now England into Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, and Ireland. The various dialects spoken by these Germanic invaders formed what would eventually be called Old English. Old English lasted until 1100, shortly after the Norman conquest.

and

Quote:
Where did English come from? The Germanic language of the Angulseaxans (Anglo-Saxons), who began arriving in the British Isles in the middle of the 5th century AD, developed independently of the original continental Ealdseaxe (Old Saxons), becoming what is called both Anglo-Saxon and Old English. English developed from there, more or less as follows:

450-1100 Anglo-Saxon/Old English

1100-1500 Middle English (Chaucer)

1500-1700 Early Modern (Shakespeare)

1700-1900 19th century (Industrial Revolution & Victorians)

1900-2000 Modern (Technology)

Even though my previous statement was untrue. I have corrected myself, and still managed to prove my point. That languaged evolve... And that your refference to that only words are added is purely untrue.

Now that we have all this out of the way.. FLAME ON!
jonos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i think you're the only one who is still flaming in this topic
Dauntless

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah templest, you're dumb.

Quote:
how my posts end up owning yours. I use pics, appropriately, when they fit. Yours doesn't

Um....I can't even start on how dumb you sound. How do posts "own" posts... You sure are the almighty pic-using post-owning master of compsci.ca...
shorthair

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Id flame some more but as the peopel say , you are the picture posting master , of compsci , i cant beat that , all i can do is post what i think is right , and whati know , nothing more nothing less wheter i am wright or wrong i dont know but thats all
Dauntless

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Basically shorthair, by comparison, you're just another normal non-pic-posting person like me. Or Knightmare. Except Knightmare is supernormal, but for other reasons.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well this war has come to an end , throw peralis battle , and fearsome meets, we have seen the end of an age ,the beggining of a way of life we have HOLD UP , that was such a retarded post , i cant belive i jsut said that , to hell with all that , i auto win becuase i say so and this is my post and you cant do anyhting about that , ( well mods can )
Dauntless

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Also, jonos...what the heck were you talking about? "clever word play"? Where was that?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Shorthair wins.

Going from the poll's information, half the people that voted think that Shorthair shouldn't have to think before he flames.
Templest you tried to make a poll that no one could vote "no" to, but unfortunately for you, it failed horribly Razz Laughing Very Happy
TheXploder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't know about that... I think this is a close one...
templest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

OK, Enough of my humerous attempt at flaming shorthair.. first off. That whole "owning" this is me being a teenager using internet-talk. (another example of evolving languaged perhaps?). When did all of this start off anyways? Perhaps when shorthair started flaming every single turing submission I've made.. EVER? I personally hate shorthair for being such an asshole, and me starting a flamewar with him is my attempt at making shorthair seem like an idiot, why? Because of the same fact, I hate him. As well, I've seen many of you use these same slang terms that I use on the internet. If not in this particular post, than in someo ther time. Don't tell me you haven't used this type of language some time or another, even as a joke. Now back to the whole fùck thing. You cannot honestly tell me you've never used that word. I'll laugh in your face and call you a liar. Shorthair to me is a little fùck-head that just because he's gotten on all the mod's good side, everyone tends to favour his comments. And you know what? I don't give a flying "fùck". Yes.. a fuck, that of which, is the flying kind. Rolling Eyes

I don't like you, and probably never will like you. And I wanted you to know that. Yep. More like not like.. Let's say.. loathe. I want to stab you in the neck with a dull pencil.

Quote:
i auto win becuase i say so and this is my post and you cant do anyhting about that

You arrogant little b1tch.

In the words of.. who the fùck cares:

"I hope you die a million deaths, each one a thousand times more painful and prolonged than the last."

There's my flame... I have better things to do that waste my time on a whorish child that seems to indulge on the fact that he's on the cTeam and moderators love him. Wow, feel proud. As about the whole "owning" posts thing.. They always seem to.. check back to all of our previous debates... Specially the whole "Linux debate".

And back to the poll. For quite some time. That poll actually read 70% say yes.

In conclusion: Please, kill yourself.

EDIT:

Quote:
Templest you tried to make a poll that no one could vote "no" to, but unfortunately for you, it failed horribly

That makes no sense. I clearly placed a "yes" and a "no" option. If it was ment to be completely one sided, then I would have made it so that no matter what, it would make him look bad. I'm a bit more clever than that. And you, my feeble-friend, should reconcider what you just said.
templest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The following comment is so retarded, I have decided to make a post just for itself:

Quote:
Yeah templest, you're dumb.

Quote:
how my posts end up owning yours. I use pics, appropriately, when they fit. Yours doesn't

Um....I can't even start on how dumb you sound. How do posts "own" posts... You sure are the almighty pic-using post-owning master of compsci.ca...

Let's see... where do we start. We all know about this emerging "leet talk" (or 1337 +/\7|<, spelt in it's own language). ANd not just that, because I did not even go further to spell everything in numbers and symbols. I said "own".. I think you are the one that is "dumb" because of the fact that you don't know what it means. hence "how can a post 'own' posts". So to satisfy your ignorance, I have created some reference to the definition of the phrase "own" and some of it's uses, and your ohh so inteligable, "how can a post 'own' a post" question.

first off: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=own&f=1

That should cover what the meaning of the word "own" is.

Now, how can a post "own" another post? Let's see:

One of the definitions for the word "own" would be: To be better.

So if you look at it technically, I prove my intelectual superiority to shorthair, whenever I make a post.

As well, read the defenition of "ownage": http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ownage&f=1

One of the definitions is:
A term often used in mainstream online multiplayer videogames in which a person performs considerably well. Derived from the term "I own you" in which the winning player (or team) displays superiority.

The example is "video games" but if you take that, and take it's context into a "flame war" which, in essence, is a game to see who can "own" someone else. It fits just perfectly.. dumbass.
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im not even going to read all that, but whatever it may say, i respect your opinion.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 4  [ 46 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: