Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 my crappy 3d engine
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

we are in the western world now dodge, it's innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around Rolling Eyes (too much chinese propaga...I meant education does mess with your morals...)

besides, 3D isn't that bad, it's basicly asking whether you have the ability to think outside of the xy plane, and into the xyz plane, do some vector stuff, 3D pythagoras, as I said, not that bad.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

psst. He was joking
zylum

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i wasn't under the impression that he was joking ie smileys.

i don't mind anyways, it's his job as a mod to look for cheaters and such
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:

Zylum Said : btw, i'm fairly new to turing, i have had 1 semester of turing last year and have had 2 weeks worth of turing this year so far (new semester) [/u]

Thinking Thinking Thinking

Dosent look like a newbish program to me
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1 semester of turing is plenty, SilverSprite made raycasting engine in 1 semester of turing, I'd know, that was part of our midterm project. It basicly all depends on the person's ability in logical thinking. For all we know, zylum could be an incredible math students who have no trouble with vector laws and etc, and then, wouldn't it be easy for him to make a simple 3D program?
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it also depends on teachers and how good your program at school is. the compsci at our school sucks, i learned almost all on my own.
zylum

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks for the support asiansensation,

it just so happens that i am quite good at math and logical thinking. i'd also like to note that i have had previous programming experience with flash actionscript and seeing as turing is such a simple language, it was really to switch over

i thought this would have ended with my previous post -_-
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well on that note , im quite impressed with this app , and your isometric was really well done.... Keep up this excellent work , been here for a day and already gettin lots of attention , dont jsust chuck all your stuff in at once ,compsci isnt going anywhere , Very Happy Very Happy ...... Whats the array error in hte program though , is the mouse in an array when you move it out of the screen srea
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zylum

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i ought to fix that... i tried to make my program more efficient by making a look up table for sin and cos so that it wouldnt have to do those calculatoins at runtime... the look up table is an array and i guess when you go to the extreme up and right the specified angle is greater than 360 resulting in an error...
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice... both mine and catalyst 3d engine are open-sourced in the forum u might wanna take a look at those...
Catalyst

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

good job Very Happy

about the look up table thing just make the array go from like -1200 to 1200 it will solve the problem (well ive never had a problem doing it that way Laughing )

edit : tony's way is better

shorthair:
shorthair wrote:

turing cant build moels although it may with immense tweaking beable to move them like move blocks aroud ot make shapes , actually though i guess if you had impoorted all hte model shapes , you could make models but this is very very complicated, good old basic has commands to do it for you

turing can be used to edit and create models and its not that complicated (turing can do anything, just not quickly)
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you should have used
code:

angle mod 360

that way you can keep on rotating it indefinatly since as soon as the number gets to 360+ it will be cut down to keep it within the range

got to watch out for the negatives thought. If angle is under 0, use
code:

-(abs(angle) mod 360)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
zylum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm, that's exactly what i used and i tried to replicate the error and it doesnt occur here... does anyone else have this problem???
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Catalyst how could it bult models , i dont understand how turing could resize an object, or build an object , i take it you would need to write many classes to do it , but whats the basis around doing it
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nice program Very Happy
I like how it follows the mouse
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 45 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: