Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Good Computer Site
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

o and wasnt the new os gonna be called longhorn or something?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im pretty sure thats just the working name they are calling it now as they develope it. i heard that somewhere.
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Longhorn is 32 bit , but there will obviously be a 64 bit version , it will not be called longhor , but you know how it is , remember Menphis and Cairo , 98se and me's codes
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i don't remember those, i wasn't into computers then. can anyone explain the the 32 bit and 64 bit stuff. i know its stuff about oses because win3.1 was 16 bit or something like that.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair wrote:
ut apparently , after all the testing , its fully compatible they havent found an app that wont run yet , the athalon 64 has a good word to its name ( thast what tech tv says )

it is compatile on a 32bit os, but with the 64bit os the drivers get realy messed and b/c drivers are messed that causes apps to not fuction right. also if u got 32bit apps on a 64bit os there is no point b/c it slows down to 32bit. just like 1000mb network crad on a 100mb netwrok
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i never said there was a point , but you might as well get a 64 bit chip run a 32 bit os and apps , until 64 smakes the market , and then go up to that , why get a 32 , when a 64 isnt much more and will fun flawless with a 32 os and apps, then when your ready a 64 os and 64 apps
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair wrote:
i never said there was a point , but you might as well get a 64 bit chip run a 32 bit os and apps , until 64 smakes the market , and then go up to that , why get a 32 , when a 64 isnt much more and will fun flawless with a 32 os and apps, then when your ready a 64 os and 64 apps

b/c it will have no diff betwen 32bit verons and 64bit verson other then u are paying more.....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats untrue, if you buy somhing that will be of great use in the future and works with the present time , what is there to lose , 4 is much much much faster , we just cant harness it right now , becusae peopel are still really into 32 , we have the technology to make all hte apps compatible but there is no money in it right now , in the future you will have to buy a 64 ystem if you want the latest stuff . becasue they will enentually put down 32 , just like they did 16 , and 64 wil be alone , so why wouldnt you invest now , whats the harm
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

them coming out with 128bit b4 they get 64bit working....lol
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you can never have a computer that is up to date ,its not possible ,your always behind , thats my say.......
roer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair wrote:
you can never have a computer that is up to date ,its not possible ,your always behind , thats my say.......

Sure you can, it's just not up to date the day after Wink Its not that its not up to date its just not the best of the best. My computer is plenty good for playing games at 1280X1024 with 4XAA and 8XAF but it didnt cost me $5000
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Does anyone know where i can get a mobile AMD 64 laptop with no software?

Or do you think it's worth building one myself...only problem is I'm going to boot camp over the summer (yes really...and getting paid for it)...so I don't have much time between univ and coming home to assemble it.
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Unless you want to learn to build a computer (not that hard anyways), you might just want to pay the people to assemble it. I think I paid someone only around 50 bucks to put mine together.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ah building a laptop is extreaml hard to imposable if u whont it to be good. also it whould most likey viaolate alot of heating reagualtions for laptops and elctionics.

form what i have seen there are not that many good amd laptops. the best laptops i have seen are from alineware and the one gaming one from dell. but they both uses p4s witch ahucaly are good for laptops.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

who the hell said it's easy to build a comp (from scratch)... won't that suck building a comp at your own house? the static problems and etc.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 5  [ 61 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: