Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Conan In Canada
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

gone, sorry Dan.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

We do not accpeted rasism in any form here at compsci.ca, plz stop your flaming of the french or i will be forced to delete this topic.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Dauntless

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok, so he is the "Insult Dog". Remember that his producer writes his lines, and that he is not actually making it up himself...after all, he's a puppet.

If you wanna say that it's ok because that's his name, think of it like this;
if, say, David Letterman made a puppet called Bob the Racist Horse, and then Bob said something racist, would it be ok since he's the Racist Horse?
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok well hes made to insult people. If they dont like these things change the channel. Why can noone comprehend this. Like if theres too mmuch violence on fox say, change the channel.
Dauntless

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Alright, it's not a matter of individual offence; I've never seen it. It's saying society condones that kind of behaviour if mainstream television is allowed to broadcast stuff like that. Negative reinforcement is used to make sure it doesn't happen anymore. It's like with little kids, if you don't say something is not ok to do, it's like a go-ahead to do it for them. It's french people right now, but what happens when it's your racial or religious denomination?

If you're the police chief, and there's too many murders in your city, you don't just say f* that s* and move away.

Crappy analogy, but whatever, you should be smart enough to get the idea.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Becuse Racisism causes more rascisim. there is no need for shuch things in the moder world. i think that poleop who make pergesited and rascists jokes are doing do b/c they have serises isues about them sevels and pick on every one eltes to feed the void that is there life. that or they like to here them selves talk and have nothing better to say that poleop will listion to.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Dauntless

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
pergesited

What's that? Can you rephrase..or speak through a translator? lol
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
but what happens when it's your racial or religious denomination?

I'm white so technically that probly wont happen lol

I get your point. But i didnt think what he said was too harsh. He didnt make fun of french that much. Like ya he suggested some stereotypes like smelling and surrendering but he didnt bash their whole country and theyre beleifs.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dauntless

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well doesn't sound so bad...and sometimes censoring racism gets out of hand...read the speech, it's good.
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow that really shows how America is paranoid about racism. Anything that even sounds racist they have to censor.
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

canada censors way to much also, the whole don cherry thing is turning the cbc paranoid. if everyone is talking about me, i was trying to be racist, i was stating my opinion on things that i have seen/heard/experienced. french canadians are always saying "racist" things about english canadians anyways.
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Don cherrys comments were true nyways. He may be an idiot but hes right. Europeans all wear visors because they play less physical games and european players are smaller and most of them are weaker then many of the candian players
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats cause we don't have the eternal fear of mad cow disease...
damn it!
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have yet to meet anyone who has cared about mad cow disease
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

naoki wrote:
well the french canadians were the first early people to arrive on canada

wtf r u talkin about naoki? first came the chinese then came the white man
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 36 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: