Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [suggestion] Compsci Lottory!
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hahah thats a good program there. I dot really like shorts idea there, first of all 100 bits is like nothing, and putting the max donate to 100? thats just stupid, You could just dontae 100 several times. Plus people only give 100 bits or more for really good progs or drawings. Or the 1000 by Dan to shorthair for saving him hours of work.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:37 pm   Post subject: LETS HEAR AN ADMIN ANSWER THIS!!!!

ok small post this time (i hope)..... have an admin create a new compsci account with a name like compscilottery

to enter you must Donate 20 BITS to this user (is their a way to make sure you acually did) or do we have to rely on honesty) and devide this persons bits by (number of PMs x20)to see that all has been donated..

then everyone that donated to this person will PM this user with the subjeck saying the number u guess (that and nothing else)

just sort by Subject then, run turing and say randint (num,1,100) and VIOLA... any extra bits can be removed by the Admin that made this account, therefore its all good... also have it so Admins and Mods cannot Enter the lottery as it is pointless for them to win bits

lets hear an Admins thoughs now...
Delta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well if dan wants it... he could easily just goto phpbb and download a mod and set it up... because that'd be easier... and faster... and less hassle... but I say you just drop the idea..... its a waste of time and bits..... gambling is addictive... and this is a programming site as jonos said earlier... so ya...
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:15 pm   Post subject: Hacker Dan or Tony ANSWER!!!!PLEASE!!!

4 times a year hold this lottery, as it is just a fun thing to do and add to this site.... cant be addictive as you might only loose 80 bits in a year, if you enter each time.... also 80 bits is only 40 posts....over a year??? no waste of bits there.... hell title glow is 200!!! (its good like that) shows status!

Common lets hear an Admin answer!!!
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i was thinking of making my own mod for this, but right now i got bigger problems (note how the site is falling aprt!)
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ahh Yes i think weve all noticed.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 36 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: