Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What's the cheapest and fastest way to get a university degree?
Index -> Student Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Panphobia

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:59 pm   Post subject: RE:What\'s the cheapest and fastest way to get a university degree?

I am in grade 12, and I found grade 10 math realllyyy easy. Actually I did my homework back then, but I did it in class. Also if you think grade 10 math is bad, wait for grade 11 and 12 functions, what you do in a semester, they do in a unit haha.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:06 pm   Post subject: RE:What\'s the cheapest and fastest way to get a university degree?

You got time in class to do homework??? I guess I could do it during the lesson, but besides then, we have no time in class for homework. If I have to do a bit more homework for grade 11 and 12 math, it doesn't really matter to me. The only hard courses I'll have are physics and English, I'll have tons of time. Man, grade 11 is gonna be sweet. Co-op, and 2 computer courses!
Panphobia

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:13 pm   Post subject: RE:What\'s the cheapest and fastest way to get a university degree?

Physics grade 11 is easy, the one that you have to worry about is grade 12. Also how long does your teacher actually teach the lesson? THE WHOLE PERIOD? My teacher in calculus only teaches for 30 minutes MAX, the rest of the time he usually gives out formative quizzes or just lets us do what we want. In grade 10 my math teacher only taught the lesson for maybe 20-25 minutes, and I had no friends in that class so I was forced to do the homework. Also he was also my only high school teacher to ever check for homework completion.
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:22 pm   Post subject: RE:What\'s the cheapest and fastest way to get a university degree?

Wow, my school's quite a bit different then yours. In our school pretty much all the math classes run till the bell. It's usually a lesson for the first 40 minutes or so as he shows the new process/formula and does a few examples thoroughly. And then he fills the rest of class time with examples to drill it into us. Your teacher gave quizzes frequently? We get 1-2 a unit! And also, homework is worth something like 8 percent of our mark!

I'm still trying to decide weather to do grade 12 physics or not. Its not compulsory for any of the major universities CS programs, so I'm not sure yet.
Panphobia

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:26 pm   Post subject: RE:What\'s the cheapest and fastest way to get a university degree?

DO NOT TAKE IT! Well I do not like it, I actually have to do work in that class to get a good mark. I do not recommend it. But anyway there are only so many formulas in grade 10 math that you can learn, what is there quadratic formula, sine law, cosine law, what else?
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:34 pm   Post subject: RE:What\'s the cheapest and fastest way to get a university degree?

There really aren't many concepts in grade 10 come to think of it... We have trig, which is SohCahToa, sine law, cosine law. Parabolas and quadratic functions, which is graphing parabolas, and the quadratic formula stuff. The only other thing left is analytic geometry, which we haven't got to yet. All we've really learned is these formulas, their applications in word problems.
Panphobia

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:51 pm   Post subject: RE:What\'s the cheapest and fastest way to get a university degree?

Meh whatever but it seems like there aren't enough math courses in high school, I heard since they took out Grade 13, they took out a few of them, and they really dumbed down the grade 12 calculus course, there isn't integration anymore, and there is only one unit for linear algebra Sad.
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:59 pm   Post subject: RE:What\'s the cheapest and fastest way to get a university degree?

5 math units in 4 years is good enough for me! As long as by the end of grade 12, I know enough to do well in university math, I'm happy.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Panphobia

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:15 pm   Post subject: RE:What\'s the cheapest and fastest way to get a university degree?

Grade 9,10,11, DATA, CALCULUS, ADVANCED FUNCTIONs.... that is 6
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:55 pm   Post subject: RE:What\'s the cheapest and fastest way to get a university degree?

Oh crap, theres 6??? No way im doing 2 grade 12 maths in a semester, im going to switch grade 12 math to next year.
Panphobia

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:41 pm   Post subject: RE:What\'s the cheapest and fastest way to get a university degree?

5 of them are mandatory if you wanna go to University, but Data Mangement looks like it will help a lot, since if you are going to take computer science in university, a lot of topics in data are mandatory courses in Uni
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:46 pm   Post subject: RE:What\'s the cheapest and fastest way to get a university degree?

Ya, ill probably end up taking it. Funny how ive never known about data... Im going to make sure my school has it tomorrow.
randint

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:03 pm   Post subject: Re: What's the cheapest and fastest way to get a university degree?

I am a slacker taking 3 math courses (MCV4U, MDM4U and MHF4U are at 87, 81 and 88 respectively), and a bad English grade (75). Now, vectors is really screwing me up (only 4 classes in [due to the AP Calculus Exam] and the teacher is giving our class a quiz tomorrow!). I got into Waterloo (w/o co-op) as stated here:
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
I plan on taking Advanced courses though (work hard in the summer), at least CS 135 if Radge does not let me into 145. I know that university math is infinitely harder than high school (I read the assignments, and I have no clue what they even mean...even though I did the AP Calculus AB exam...) Anyhow, this is what happens when you major in math, I suppose.
Panphobia

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:08 pm   Post subject: RE:What\'s the cheapest and fastest way to get a university degree?

For me my grades for University at the moment are
MCV 4U - 96
MDM 4U - 94
MHF 4U - 97
TEJ 4M - 91
ICS 4U - 98
ENG 4U - 61
Soooooo, I will not be getting into Waterloo, but this is enough for guelph so I took it.
randint

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:16 pm   Post subject: RE:What\'s the cheapest and fastest way to get a university degree?

My English teacher is hard on everyone, and I suck when writing essays (in this country for 5 years only, that is why - [explained in the AIF too] and I think UW is giving me a place just because of that and AP. Your marks are a lot better than mine, UW is rejecting you on your ENG4U, which is stupid (what about the international students anyways)?
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 4  [ 53 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: