Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Spybot - search & destroy evil browser hijacking
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

If I didn't have kazaa, I wouldn't have any viruses, kazaa is responsible for 95% of all the viruses I get...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

direct p2p2 with no filtering , it cant be stopped and half the things on there are supid like , Shrek 2 full video , right click it look at hte filename ( heintai.mpep ) , its terrible
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

HEY, dont diss p2p. there is nothing wrong with p2p. it is like the web, there is tones of good stuff it could be used for but there is also the dark side of it. Dont think that everything on p2p netwroks is evil and should be taken down just beacus the RIAA and some other musick poleop say so.

P2P reperstes what the internet realy is, the free flow of ideas, thougths and hole lot eltes. it is free speach, and when u have free speach some poleop abouse it yes but that dose not mean we should get ride of it!
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

My dad tells me not to use P2P cause I might get sued... for downloading 5 songs?
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well if u live in canada the odds are much lower but are still there. what u need to do is get kazaa lite k++ that has the RIAA ip blocker Twisted Evil
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dunno, I have a barricade router... does that help any? cause those stupid sites that say:
WARNING
YOUR IP IS:
blah blah blah

usually get mine wrong
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not realy, becuse it can still be traced to u since the data has to leave the router and make it to the destation via ur isp some how. alougth it probly dose not hurt, blocking the RIAA ip range and using some setting in kazaa lite k++ will help, such as dont let poleop see ur full share list.

u could allways not share anything but then that defites the proupes of P2P and poleop will get made at u.
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im not sure if you have read hte news but canada leaglized downloading a month ago , its completly legal to download from anywhere in cnada , the source must be in canada aswell though , but you are not allowed to share files , the riaa do not apply to canadians we have our own riaa , they have a diferent aacronym , but the goverment passed a tempoarly aw le legalize donloads of mp3 music
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair wrote:
im not sure if you have read hte news but canada leaglized downloading a month ago , its completly legal to download from anywhere in cnada , the source must be in canada aswell though , but you are not allowed to share files , the riaa do not apply to canadians we have our own riaa , they have a diferent aacronym , but the goverment passed a tempoarly aw le legalize donloads of mp3 music

that is not completa true, canada has difrent copyright laws but it is not complty leaglie to download anything. it is far safer in canada but it is not leagl, just that it is unlike that they will come affter u. i whould still take percontions if u are dling anything that could piss some one off.
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.mp3newswire.net/stories/2003/canada.html

thats the whole stoy , they have lealized movie downloads and mp3 , becuse they have put a levy on mp3 players just like they did on cd-r's
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well if it is true then that is realy good, it is a step in the right direction. i think it is a gr8 idea to put tax on recodred meaid and not sue the hell out of every one.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nah, they don't sue everyone, I read they sue a few for examples to everyone else, what I was afraid of was being one of those.
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lots of people were freaked out. i sent an email to my friend who has downloaded probably 30 gigs of games and programs (warez), using the anonymous email, and he got really freaked out. he was pissed off though. i always thought about downloading, if you are not the one downloading a song every second or not the one who has like 100 gigs of mp3s, then you will probably not be investigated.
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Has no one read that artice there are everywher e, it was in the globe and mai l , the toronto star , how could you all of missed it , read the article on the link i gave you
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 29 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: