Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Watch your emails , here is what to look for
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh so when you were in heaven jesus said you got owned?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Must... Resist... Evil pull of Maverick and jonos to go off topic....
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Maverick * Shorthair slaps maveric kwith unusually large fish * stay on topic , id just likethis to be a good place to find antivirus help , lets either continue in spam , or cut it off , ( not trying to be men , i would jsut rather keep this one clean , thats if everyone dosnet mind ) i know i contributed to the message s myself ,but i jsut wanna keep her clean
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

So whos the user name that sends the email or will it be sumone u know?
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Aparrently its pretty random , so you should be able to tell its a viral email , and also your safe if you dont touch the attachment , as i said most isps filter it , one of mine was actually from a guy i knew though , he may of been on an adress list of someone elses , im looking into hte adress right now to see how it is named
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dunno I hardly use e-mail so im not that worried.
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

NO...... off topic ends...
also, don't get lulled into a false sense of security just because ISPs are filtering it out... rogers says that you should scan all attachments, even ones your friends send you that you know of.
For rogers users and other people too:
rogers.home.com/help/content/how/surf_safe
though you all should be ok and this really isn't necessary (that link).
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

realy u should not open any attment that u dont know the file type of and even if u do it is posable to mess with file types like .bmp to look like .bmp files when they are realy an excutable.

so bascily only open actments if u realy have to and trun off html e-mails thous can be evil to.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
TheXploder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

but if you have Outlook Express, then Viruses can execute without you even opening the attachment... They should make more protections...
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I use to use outlook, the emails just auto open, once I delete the first one, it moves to the second one, it makes deleting inappropriate material hard...
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

outlook i find is just stupid too. i tried to use it for my hotmail accounts but it's really buggy, and how it opens the emails automatically is really annoying
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i just like using webbased e-mail, u can check it from anywhere (ushelay) and it dose not crash (well it dose kind of if ur browers dose).
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I quite like my outlook im getting used to is , with my new compsci adders anyway , but i have no problem with webase d , you can check your rogres email anywhere , by using ther web mail service for when your not at home
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the attacks began this morning at 12:01 , they were aimed and windows/update.com and sco.com , apparently , sco brought down their own website , instead of leeting the virus do it , this will save them some bandwidth and also keep their servers from giving out , microsoft diverted the attack , by taking their domain off hte internet yellowpages , it now goes through another link
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 44 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: