Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 That thing on the left when you post
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:15 pm   Post subject: That thing on the left when you post

That thing that indicates wheather you are: novice, newbe programmer, programmer, is that determined by the number of posts you do?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes, go to the FAQ then scroll down till you see the ranks part (not far down)
shorthair

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Rank Minimum # of posts Rank Image
Newbe 0
Novice 6
NewBe Programmer 15
Programmer 35
NewBe Hacker 128
Hacker 256
Kick Ass Hacker 512
NewBe God 768
Programming God 1024
L33T Programer 1536
Tony's Clone 2048
CompSci God 3072
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair wrote:
L33T Programer 1536

why isn't the post requirement for that 1337? 1536 seems....not l337ish?
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

look at the numbers 1337 whould not fit in as a posable combation.

128 + 128 = 256
256 + 256 = 512
256 + 512 = 768
768 + 768 = 1536
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

"possible --> posable"?
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

paulibian , i hate to flame at all , but there is no need to correct peoples spelling , only dan needs correcting , and those corrections should be put in mazers thread Very Happy
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes. See signature for details. \/
EDIT: I don't think he was trying to correct Dan, I think it was an honest question. He could use my dictionary but that would really be way too much trouble because it only converts from English to Dan, and not the other way around. (Not because I'm lazy, but rather because once this is finished, everyone will be living under Dan's rule, typing all messages in Dan-speak)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
naoki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

could azn_s's cheat about getting bits without actually "posting" work the same way that i could boost up my post count and jump up?
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the post count system is more scuere then the bits. it whould be very hard to fake your post count with out geting in to the db. we are working on the bits isusse, i have fixed the bits for editing bug.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair has reache kick ass hacker in a matter of a month thats a lkot of posts.
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Go and check my post history , ive only ever made like 4 edits i think, the only time i got free posts was when tony had his the person above me , and maverick you got your share of posts nad bits off it 2
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

naoki wrote:
could azn_s's cheat about getting bits without actually "posting" work the same way that i could boost up my post count and jump up?

no, doesnt work, when I tried that thing, I noticed that as soon as you delete a post, your post total subtracts.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair wrote:
Go and check my post history , ive only ever made like 4 edits i think, the only time i got free posts was when tony had his the person above me , and maverick you got your share of posts nad bits off it 2

posts in spam dount get counted towaredes ur post count or bits
naoki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dammit no wonder eh?

i prolly would've reached kick ass hacker by now (prolly a long time ago) if i'd stopped posting in spam and harassed the crap out of people in turing
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 22 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: