Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 tony's new avatar
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Asok

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've played halo and I have to say: I'd like it more if it was on the PC. The X-Box controls pissed me off, I like the freedom of a keyboard and mouse. The tripple throddle controls were sooooo lame. WSAD all the way!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'd have to agree on that... WASD allows the most control over anything + with mouse precision and acurasy, its just a better game experience.

And when the mouse has a scrool that also acts like 3 more buttons (up/down/press) its just awesome. The more buttons the better Very Happy council controlers kinda limit that Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Asok

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's also a sensitivity thing, the mouse sensitivity is customisable and is also static. It's a lot harder to get throddles to go exactly where you want them because you need to be wight specific on your thumbs which is much smaller of an area than your hand. Basically, mice make more sence when it comes down to physics.
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you know... if we reinvent council controller to provide as much control as WSAD with mouse... we'll be billionares Very Happy
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Asok

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well you can't because the whole concept of a controller is you hold it in your hands, thus you are constricted. A keyboard allows your hands to move. You can't hold something and move your hands at the same time without coming close to either dropping it, or being exremely uncoordinated.
jamez

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Asok wrote:
nice use of the fire filter! I just have a punch of random pictures of Joe Lieberman's head on fire Wink

(For those of you who know little about U.S. politics, Joe Lieberman is a U.S. senator who is pushing for censorship in games and music in order to "protect the children"... I sent him a copy of Postal Laughing)

POSTAL 2 is in dev Very Happy

[PS: Hi im new to the forums Smile]
Asok

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Postal 2 is being released on April 14, I'd get it but Star Wars Galaxies is coming out on April 15, so I'll have to pass on buying Postal 2.

btw, Welcome to the forum Jamez
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey Jamez, welcome to compsci.ca Very Happy I hope you'd like it here
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jamez

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thx Very Happy

im also a regular on the oot forums so i can provide help to people that need it Smile
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey, thats cool...

though the only other turing board I know is the one run by plasma (thats his nick... I think)... But they got about a 1/3 of regestered users (last time I checked) and are a bit bitchy about us since we're kind of a "new kid on the block" site.

I'm not saying anything bad about them... just that we didnt have a nice welcome when we started the site Crying or Very sad

Hope you stick around
Catalyst

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey its jamez
jamez

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey Very Happy
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 42 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: