Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 CompSci.ca's programming contest
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

If SWAT was to organize a programming contest, would you participate?
(No ending time set)
Yes, ofcourse!
64%
 64%  [ 61 ]
Yes, but I'd like some prizes.
21%
 21%  [ 20 ]
Maybe... if prizes are good
11%
 11%  [ 11 ]
No.
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 95

Martin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Winning. No features. That's all that your function has to do. Speed, in the sense that it can't take all day to execute.

Also, you may use a file to store previous results for statistical purposes if you like.

EDIT: Let me change that. 200 games per round. I'll make a post in a few minutes.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ownageprince

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:32 pm   Post subject: Re: CompSci.ca's programming contest

correct me if i am wrong but isn't compsci taking over dwite? also are you going to have contests apart from dwite?
because i think programs that are given in dwite are pretty for practicing for ecoo n ccc
cool dude

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:08 pm   Post subject: Re: CompSci.ca's programming contest

Dan with Tony I believe took over dwite. They have already made a few competitions in which i participated. As for compsci.ca we do have a yearly competition to submit projects but we do not have something like dwite where they would post problems for people to solve. Although sometimes some of the users take initiatives and make a contest like that.

Side Note: Does anyone know when will ecco and ccc competition will be?
Mr.S.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:50 pm   Post subject: RE:CompSci.ca\'s programming contest

Dan and Tony will hopefully take over DWITE very shortly. I'm still running them. This is my last year. Hopefully Dan and Tony will have a test run of their system in the near future.

ECOO dates are posted at http://www.ecoo.org/ecoocs/Contests.html

CCC dates are posted at http://www.cemc.uwaterloo.ca/ccc/
McKenzie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:13 am   Post subject: Re: CompSci.ca's programming contest

own, Don't forget to read the dates that posts are made. The post you responded to was over a year old.

I just wanted to remind everyone, again, not to post or talk about today's DWITE contest until after Friday's contest.
Mr.S.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:57 pm   Post subject: RE:CompSci.ca\'s programming contest

Are you certain? It says Yesterday at 8:08pm.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:32 pm   Post subject: RE:CompSci.ca\'s programming contest

Mr.S., he was referring to ownageprince's reply to Martin's year old post.

It's an old topic in general... SWAT? Laughing
andy_tok

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:32 am   Post subject: Re: CompSci.ca's programming contest

cool dude @ Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:08 pm wrote:
Side Note: Does anyone know when will ecco and ccc competition will be?

SOrry but what's ECCO?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
McKenzie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:00 pm   Post subject: Re: CompSci.ca's programming contest

It's actually ECOO. It's a competition sponsored by York University. It is conducted in three stages. The first stage is at the board level. You need someone from your school board to act as a convenor (usually a CS teacher.) Top teams compete at the regionals, then the top from there compete at the provincials at York U. Here is the link:

http://www.ecoo.org/ecoocs/Contests.html
A.J

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:38 am   Post subject: Re: CompSci.ca's programming contest

I say that this should like a practice for the CCC

making it unique could be nice too....

The winner should be entitled 'top coder'
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:53 am   Post subject: RE:CompSci.ca\'s programming contest

I can't blive this topic is still going around. It still calls CompSci.ca SWAT.

The history behind this thread was that way back when we whonted to basily have a contest like DWITE (befor i even knew about DWITE) witch was onine based. This idea spread in to the FP contest and eventualy when Mr. S. retried from doing DWITE we took it over (this year) so i guse we did it Wink

I think it is time to put this topic to bed and lock it, is histroical tho :p
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 5 of 5  [ 71 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: