Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 the rules
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] Contest 2006/2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
wtd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thuvs wrote:
Is there a restriction to what enviroment/compiler you use, cause i recently got coding on Borland DS, and i gota say its like VB except its alittle bit harder and whole heck faster. Shocked !

The only problem with this might be that Delphi is a proprietary environment. Can Tony swing the cash to purchase it?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
Can Tony swing the cash to purchase it?

And will it run on my PowerPC Mac? Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:20 pm   Post subject: Re: the rules

What languages does this contest cover? I have a final project that I am making for my programming class and if I get it completed or more then 75% done by the due date I will probably enter it.

I am making a game in web site form, is that okay?

(sorry if I am asking previously answered questions)
ericfourfour

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:58 pm   Post subject: Re: the rules

Well it is a programming contest. That means you can use any programming language as long as the compiler is free and runs on Tony's computer.
Tycoon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:18 pm   Post subject: Re: the rules

ericfourfour @ Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:58 pm wrote:
Well it is a programming contest. That means you can use any programming language as long as the compiler is free and runs on Tony's computer.

Okay, will do. Its a website so I guess depending on his connection, it should run Smile
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:32 pm   Post subject: Re: the rules

An ending date would be nice to know, even though im planning to hand in my [FP] within the month. Is there a prize for first project handed in?
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:39 pm   Post subject: RE:the rules

I thought we went by the academic years for [FP] contests? So the end date will be whenever schools usually finish in 2007 (June?)

I don't think there will be a prize for the first project to be _handed in_
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Tycoon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:15 am   Post subject: Re: RE:the rules

Tony @ Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:39 pm wrote:
I thought we went by the academic years for [FP] contests? So the end date will be whenever schools usually finish in 2007 (June?)

I don't think there will be a prize for the first project to be _handed in_

Thats good, the prize should be about the effort and skill that went into the program / site (in my case) and the appreciation for code that the person has, not speed.
(Tried to sound like I had a really, really had a good, head nodding, "Oh definitely" point - did it work?)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:11 am   Post subject: Re: the rules

It's not even the speed (the time it took to code) cause its 1.5 weeks in the making and is gonna take another 1 - 1.5 weeks to complete. im done the simple version for my final project for school, time now to fix er' up for the [FP] submissions *groan*. It's in VB so I'm not sure if theres gonna be many people in that catergory(im sure Silent Avenger and cool_dude will cook something up, along with the others always in the VB help section).

@ Tycoon - Agreed. So, I'll see you at the contest, eh? (hooray stereotypical canadian!)
cool dude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:11 pm   Post subject: Re: the rules

ZeroPaladn @ Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:11 am wrote:
It's not even the speed (the time it took to code) cause its 1.5 weeks in the making and is gonna take another 1 - 1.5 weeks to complete. im done the simple version for my final project for school, time now to fix er' up for the [FP] submissions *groan*. It's in VB so I'm not sure if theres gonna be many people in that catergory(im sure Silent Avenger and cool_dude will cook something up, along with the others always in the VB help section).

@ Tycoon - Agreed. So, I'll see you at the contest, eh? (hooray stereotypical canadian!)

Already cooked something up Very Happy I made a Javanoid game just for rdrake because he claims he never played although i told him he did just doesn't know it by name. Wink Although i'm not gonna submit.
I Smell Death

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:22 pm   Post subject: Re: the rules

is this contest still valid for this year?
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:48 am   Post subject: RE:the rules

Of course. It's an annual contest...

The only thing in question is the prizes... and I guess the number of submissions. Smile
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] Contest 2006/2008
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 42 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: