Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing Competition
Index -> Contests
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
varman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:30 pm   Post subject: Turing Competition

I am hosting a competition for a program that must be created in Turing.

You will need to have maybe a year of experience with Turing to participate (recommended), like you will be using arrays and will need to be able to import images (provided by me) into Turing (not big pictures).

So if you think you have what it takes, PM me for details.

The program that will need to be created is like poker, but not exactly.

It should not take that long to finish and all entries must be submitted by Wednesday.

The winner will be picked by me and will receive any Otterbox case that they would like from : www.otterbox.com

Again, PM for details on what you will have to do.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Aange10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:00 pm   Post subject: RE:Turing Competition

A great idea! I'm afraid it's going to be a bit unfair though. We have a wide array of programmers here; using Turing doesn't mean they are novice.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:57 am   Post subject: RE:Turing Competition

Very specific task. Very short deadline. Very untransparent (let me guess, submissions are to be PMed to you as well?). I want to say that this is some scheme to get a school project done for you, but... isn't school out for the summer?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Aange10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:29 am   Post subject: RE:Turing Competition

Heh, I am naive; I didn't even think of that.
Amarylis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:25 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Turing Competition

Tony @ Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:57 am wrote:
isn't school out for the summer?

I don't think any high schools are out yet, I know I still have exams till the 30th
Raknarg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:28 am   Post subject: RE:Turing Competition

I've still got a few weeks left.
Chances are this is a year end project for grade 10 compsci, I had something similar
mirhagk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:04 am   Post subject: RE:Turing Competition

yeah I believe bribing other students to do a final project for you is grounds for expulsion from your school board.
Amarylis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:12 am   Post subject: RE:Turing Competition

I'd suggest changing your IP, not doing this, and hoping your best that this whole thing blows over.

Or, you know, just coming clean to the school board and hoping for the best
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
crossley7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:17 am   Post subject: RE:Turing Competition

A Wednesday deadline sounds appropriate for a final project and creating a card game of some sort is a common final project. Please don't waste our time with things such as this and nobody will help you with your project.
varman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Turing Competition

First of all, this is NOT a school project. I am not even in school right now, if it was I would have completed it myself (you can go and see my previous posts if you want, they ALL only ask for help). It is just a simple give away that I am hosting, it can even be in by Friday if you would like.

Again, this isn't a school project.

If anyone still wants to do it, PM me.

Just saying, even if it was a project for someone, wouldn't you still want to win a $60 cell phone case for free?
mirhagk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:19 pm   Post subject: RE:Turing Competition

Actually no, most people would rather not participate in academic dishonesty, which could potentially cost us our future education. $60 isn't worth it, and most people here are too honest even if you offered more. If your thing isn't a school project, then post the details right here, out in the open. You would only not do that so that your teacher doesn't have proof.
Aange10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:53 pm   Post subject: RE:Turing Competition

Haha. I did PM you before, Varman, but like Mirhagk said, I'm not going to do your work. I didn't really realize what was going on. I think too optimistic.

Even when I'm reading a book, I have a hard time believing some of the things the antagonist does.

Anyways, I'll not be participating. However if you decide to do a legit contest, with or without a prize, I'll do it Smile.

But if it involves making a game, or any kind of project that I might think could be turned in for credit at your school, I'm not going to participate.
varman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:58 pm   Post subject: RE:Turing Competition

Is it just a moral issue or something? I don't know why you guys think it is for school. What ever, if you don't want it, then you don't want it.
Raknarg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:28 pm   Post subject: RE:Turing Competition

Perhaps it isn't, but the fact is that we've had way too many people who want us to do their project for them in the past. Why should we believe you? You're making it seem like its just for school
crossley7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:30 pm   Post subject: RE:Turing Competition

if you wanted us to stop thinking it was for school, then run the contest in July when we know you aren't in school. Then we might start to think about doing it
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 28 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: