Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Your first cool program...
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dun think u can attach in the GD
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Skizzarz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

GD eh? um, wuts GD? Confused
McKenzie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ahhh my first program ... I remember it well.
code:
print "Hello World"

...those were the days
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

... made no programs Crying or Very sad
but i did make scripts Very Happy but i don't like it.. amailer Sad dumbest thing ever. LOL
Skizzarz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

speaking of hello world, (as this is almost everyones first program in a new language) i found this site one day when i was bored and typed hello into google lol, wut a coincidence, http://www2.latech.edu/~acm/HelloWorld.shtml

p.s.- lmao theres a language called brainfuck, how funny is that?
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Brain eh!??.. anyway... yea mine was Box with maple leaf, drew a box at your cursor, and a maple leaf inside it... i worked a bit with Basic before i whent into turing class so instead of listening to teacher... i went into help and found Draw. Fill Stuf.... verry cool.. talk of class for a day... got em all hyped..those were the days.... now they dont even care when someone makes a Pac Man!!!
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Skizzarz wrote:

p.s.- lmao theres a language called brain****, how funny is that?

haha, in CCC stage 2 last year i had to right an interpreter for brain***, which ****ed my brain up and costed me a whole good deal.

my first program is in LOGO i believe, the only thing i remember making (~12 years ago) was a go-moku (5 in a line). then i tried VB, and made a shitty game where you have to click on the happy face when it smiles (like hitting the mouse when it comes out of the cave). in Turing, i made a Naval command game with some kool animations, over 2000 lines (mainly cuz of crappy programming practice -- you can probably cut everything down by three quarters). and in C++, hmm... no games, mainly implmentation of standard algorithms (CCC stuff basically)... although i did port my 4x4x4 Tic tac toe (yep still undefeated) to VC .net awhile ago, with graphics from VB .net
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

right here: http://contest-cemc.uwaterloo.ca/ccc/2003/1_bf.pdf
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Catalyst

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

whats so tough about that?

bfinterpreter.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  bfinterpreter.t
 Filesize:  1.69 KB
 Downloaded:  99 Time(s)

bugzpodder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

a bug in my program due to unexpected C++ behaviours. and yah, given the size of hte data ,your program (esp in turing) would get a time out because you search for the ] every time. you need to create an array that explicitly store the location of the matching [] to avoid time outs which i dont think you did.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm i see what u mean
what sorta unexpected behaviour was it?
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 26 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: