Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The Return Of Pic~2~Code!!!!!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Blade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

okay, should make it less flashy cuz it makes me (and possibly other people) feel sick. there was something else i was thinking of but it slipped my mind
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
octopi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Pretty neat.

Moderated by octopi:
have the +15 bits I stole from the kid who was saying he was gonna be an asshole to his schools computer admins

I'll steal some more bits and give them to you if you fix the drawing routines, so that it works better. (slow on my computer)
Delta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Flashy? what do you mean?... like the drawing?... I thought it wasn't that bad at all Confused hmmmm... thanks for the bits... you thief Wink as for the drawing thing... I'll try to make it work better... but I'm not sure if it'll have the same effect in the end Sad I'll try tho... till next time!
Delta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hehe Smile
well ok... it has the polygon support (for shorthair) tho... I must inform you that each time you make a polygon... well... it makes two new variables... and after a while your code code be full of variables... if anyone has any ideas (catalyst prehaps) on how I could reuse the variables... and I don't just mean polyX(1) := 123, whatever (that takes up too many lines) well ya... other than that... I like it Smile (polygons are only lines right now.. I haven't made the fill yet... that'll come soon tho (just edit your code for now)... ummmm... o0o the quick colour chooser.. very useful (if your not sure about it (read the tool tips)

well yea... the update is on the first page Smile till next time once again Wink
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that is probably the best paint program ive seen in turing. really cool stuff. its great how the lines automatically connect together on right mouse click for the polygons, though everyone is pretty flashy and hurts my eyes.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well the whole idea of pic2code is to not worry about the code output as much as the picture itself.

so I think it's alright if you have
point_1_x:=whatever
point_2_y:=something else

just one reusable array.

here's a better idea though - drop the whole polygon thing. It doesn't work well. What you can replace it with is some preset forms. Such as Draw.Star and standart polygons such as hexagons and what not.

now here's what I think you should defenatly have. Export code to have the picture be relative to X/Y variables. It should be easy. Just set X/Y = 0 by default and have + point's position on screen.

The reason being is that most animations require users to move the pictures rether then just drawing a bunch of static frames. This way the picture elements will be ready to move around Wink

You could have a bunch of export options such as picking out names for X/Y variables or having them as premade functions such as

moveCar(x.y:int)

etc

lots of potential in the program, keep up the great work
Very Happy
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how dare you have over 200 bits delta , my plan is ruined okay il give ya a nice 222

++ Cool Amount Of BITS
Delta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well I kinda want to keep the polygon idea... I'm gonna work at it more and try and make it better... the flashyness you guys are talking about doesn't happen on my end.... once I get back to school I'll try it there and prolly see what you guys are talking about :S... I have the [x,y] idea (easy movability of drawing) on my to do list thanks Smile... I didn't really want the drawstar and draw mapleleaf on there because I thought it was useless... but if enough people tell me to put it in there I will Smile ...
ok... so0o your thinking output the code ([x,y]idea) like so

code:

procedure userChosenName (x,y:int)
drawline (x, y, x+34, y+10, 1)
end userChosenName

^ Like the above? ^

cause thats partially what I got out of it
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well technically it should be
code:

procedure userChosenName (x,y:int)
drawline (x+0, y+0, x+34, y+10, 1)
end userChosenName

but yes, that's the idea Very Happy
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Delta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok kewl... I'll work on it tomorrow... I think I'm gonna go get some sleep sooner or later
Delta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok... here is another update... no there are still no objects (procedures)
but you can add drop shadows to your text... oh and the quick colour chooser shows which colour you have selected... you can choose between fill and line for polygons and boxes now... and I'm sure I'm missing something... but yea.... ok... update is on the first page ... I'm off to work on the objects Smile more feedback is always welcome Wink

(I guess the flashing is drunk... because if I run the code then the program works fine... but the exe is crap :S Sad )
drewman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:53 pm   Post subject: wtf?

after i closed the promgram it wouldn't stop giving me this illegal operation error:
PIC~2~CODE V caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 018f:bff88396.
Registers:
EAX=c00309c4 CS=018f EIP=bff88396 EFLGS=00010202
EBX=0077ffec SS=0197 ESP=0067feb0 EBP=00680028
ECX=00000000 DS=0197 ESI=00000000 FS=1d17
EDX=bff76855 ES=0197 EDI=bff79060 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
53 56 57 8b 75 10 8b 38 33 db 85 f6 75 2d 8d b5
Stack dump:
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

OMG OMG OMG !!!! THAT IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!
that is SO FRICKING HANDY!!!!@...... ahh.... i though it was a cool looking paint prog.... better then mine (i just made one and called it the greatest...) but... URS IS THE BEST!.... not only that.... u keep all the info... then make a .t file... that is AMAZING!!!!!... GREAT GREAT WORK!

now i can make more levels for my pac man... and this other program i was thinking without dealing with drawing from turing...

some issues...

i was unable to use selection.... u prob have that in ur known bugs.... but im too lazy to read...

also... ur screensize was a TAD to big...

having it 800x600 makes it use scroll bars...

788x540 is perfect fit......

ALL HAIL!!! Thy Best Paint Program
Blindmelon_53

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey Delta, I was just checking out your program and it looks great however I figured I better give you some feedback or you might come to Rm 213 and slap me across the head again.

1. It would kind of be kewl to be able to set the screen size of the area that you are drawing in so that it matches the screen size of the program you are using it in. I was making my intro font for my program in your program however since yours was based on 648 x 409 (not exact) when I go to put the font in my program which is at 1024 x 768 its way off. Now I could go in and edit the text coordinates my self but its just somthing to think about.

2. I had one instance where I created text in the program (two lines) and when I saved the code and ran it it had misplaced one of the "font := Font.New ("Comic Sans MS:20")" lines after the lines that needed to call it and gave me the error "variable has no value"

Other than that I havent noticed any other problems but Ill let you know if I do.

l8r
gamer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thats quite nice actually, but alittle laggy n flashy (view.update)
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 38 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: