Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [FP]Chat Client Advanced++, Not text based. Sexy looking! 8)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
icemaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
templest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Ey! Guess what? ChatLine2 is officially almost done! Equiped with everything from file transfer to.. well.. that was about the only new feature. I made things a lot neater and made is look slightly more pro'.

The layout is completely changed, you no longer use that pop-up window at the begining to connect, but instead use the ".connect" command. I'm working on a config file where you can customize your chatline (ie: background for the window, the "send" button is two bmps so you can draw your own, you can set custom triggers, instead of typing "/name" you might want to type ".name" or "*username", I'm working on account names, so you might want to login to a server as a guest, or as an admin, and have remote control of the server. If Isaac's up to the challenge :p).

I really want to make a site for this project, it's not going along to dull. I'm actually making some progress. Very Happy

Just have to work out some extra bugs, will be posted by Sunday for sure. (note: won't include useraccounts, but will everything else, and I wrote a handy "readme" in PDF format so you can figure out how to work the config file easily).

Now it's 7:54AM and I have to get to physics. :p
icemaster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

oh so what your sayin is after i sent you my picture transfering programs yuou tested them and found that they worked and incorporated them into your program? Laughing of course thanks to mkenzie for showin me buffers Very Happy

err i havn't worked on my chat server prog for awhile what with my pc messesed

can anybody can help me with the mscdex command in dos? help would be apreciaated!

my floppy controller is messed on my motherboard so i need to enable the cd roms without a boot disk. . .

hmm maybe i should have posted that in the general forum
meh
Canadian Rob

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey did I miss it? or has the code for the server not been posted yet? Confused
icemaster

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

server = fully functional

i also made my own client to go with it. . . templests sux. . .lol

now i have a server and a client that work perfect together (i use it everyday in programming class)

here is my client's source

EDIT ~
server coming soon

client.t
 Description:
client for my server

Download
 Filename:  client.t
 Filesize:  2.9 KB
 Downloaded:  206 Time(s)

templest

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You son of a bitch! Mad

That's it... I'm writing something so fucking elite it'll out-do IRC! Mother fcuker! Twisted Evil
DanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Right....Well my server-client interface probably beats yours icemaster.PLUS!! It autoconnects! NO guessing for the user, which is lame. Im gonna go write a tutorial on .NET commands so everybody can be as special as us l33t 'Turing' programmers, lol.
icemaster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol foool.... if it's made in turing its not going to be much better. turing sux completly n tcp/ip connections lag out n e computer(with turing)

i have pretty much stopped workin on my server/client, its really not worth it in turing...besides it's bug free and does waht i needs it to do

if i make another chat it will be in a better language, but u go ahead n brag about your chat u are making...i really don't care...lol

oh n btw in order for it to autoconnect you would have to have it conect to the same ip every time, now unless you host the server yourself 24/7(that can be a real pain in the @$$), then there's no other way.. but honestly who really cares? like there are other chats out there...msn, aim, yahoo... who needs your TURING chat? not me i strictly use mine at school when there is nothing else to do...

o n go ahead, write your tutorial Laughing
lmao i figured out all this myself

Dan. Brag somewhere else. nobody respects braggers
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DanShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey Icemaster, shut up and go back to your box freak. If anybody wants to learn how to create a multi-user interface, or learn .NET commands, read my tutorial in the Turing Tutorials section called:
[tutorial] .NET commands [and multi-user interface]
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

icemaster wrote:
Dan. Brag somewhere else. nobody respects braggers

icemaster : I'll give you a moment to try to figure out why you're making a fool of yourself..

*tick tac tick tac* times up!

Dan over here is a mod. You on the other hand - I haven't noticed around before...

Just think for a second before pressing the submit button... maybe preview and reread what you're about to submit Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Also lets try to cut down on the flaming in here every one. This is sposted to be a place where we can share ideas and conscpetes to help each ohter learn about progaming and not some crazy compition. (crazy compltions go in the contest section).

Flaming

Insted of saying poleops work sucks how about we give contructive ideas on how they could make it the best it could be.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
DanShadow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Extinguishes Flame
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I am cold I am cold I am cold I am cold I am cold Puppy Dog Eyes Puppy Dog Eyes Puppy Dog Eyes

hmm now back to topic.. yea keep up the good work guys.. competition is good.. but when it get out of hand.. go hang ur selves.. in any case.. dont stop keep submitting. Smile
templest

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I told you "Icemaster", your flame is weak. A match out fire's you. Razz
zomg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

dude nice, i love ur server!! It runs my chat client "PCL" and im in the process of making them compatible

i gave up on the idea on making a server all thanks to u lol

suggestion:add S-Engine
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 5 of 6  [ 76 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: