Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 CompSci.ca Minecraft Server
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Would you use a CompSci.ca Minecraft Server?
(No ending time set)
Yes
53%
 53%  [ 23 ]
Have minecraft but would not use.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Don't have minecraft but would use if i did.
23%
 23%  [ 10 ]
Don't have minecraft and will never get it/would never use server.
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Don't Know
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 43

SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:42 pm   Post subject: RE:CompSci.ca Minecraft Server (now online at CS1.ca, updated to 1.6.6)

Thank you first of all for helping me expand my humble town (Port Royal) so rapidly. I'm even thinking of tearing down one of the walls to expand it further whence the small remaining plots of land are consumed. Maybe a Town Hall?

Second I am stoked for the epic event, time to add some bloodshed to such an awesome game. I've started a fortress not too far from the ForestTP (follow the road to get there) built into the mountainside. So far it consists of a tower exterior and a hall dug into the cliffside to be the main entrance. I have plans for that large empty hall when you walk in, however feel free to further expand the fortress and prepare it for battle with what traps, dispensers and other creative war machines you see fit.

If you have any further questions you can ask me here, or in game as I am on often (typically evenings).

Cheers
The Great Radio
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:36 pm   Post subject: RE:CompSci.ca Minecraft Server (now online at CS1.ca, updated to 1.6.6)

I am unavailable for the next week. After that I can definetly do weekends, just not during the day (well actually I can skip a class or two).
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:40 pm   Post subject: RE:CompSci.ca Minecraft Server (now online at CS1.ca, updated to 1.6.6)

I am unavailable for the next week. After that I can definetly do weekends, just not during the day. Pretty much copy paste there.
Also, I'd like some time for the fort to be up and ready for a few blasts. Speaking of, going to put a donation chest on site, obsidian will be most welcome.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:50 pm   Post subject: RE:CompSci.ca Minecraft Server (now online at CS1.ca, updated to 1.6.6)

Also I have a question involving whether something cheating or not. I want to program my mouse to do a macro of when I click the side button it will click several times for me (probably 16) just so when I make lots of an item, I don't have to keep clicking over and over. Is this cheating/unfair?
Monkeyguy5000

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:27 am   Post subject: Re: CompSci.ca Minecraft Server (now online at CS1.ca, updated to 1.6.6)

CS Event
Infomation

After recent need to change locations, we have found a nice valley far from civilization. As our doom is written in the destiny of this valley, it has taken on the name Death Valley. Everyone from across the server is welcome to come and participate as we build up a town, keep, and defensive fortifications. Not only that, but there's caves to explore as well.

Time and date are currently being discussed

Public Gate: DeathValleyTP
We'll need Dan or Mirhagk to set this up for us. The co-ordinates of the already built gate are +111, -933, 70

For those participating:
? Please bring any items you are willing to donate to the construction
? Bring items for you to use. It is generally safe, unless you're out in the night or exploring caves
? This is a community project, so work together. You'll be fighting along side your fellow builder soon enough
? When building, assume the worst. There will be ghasts and creepers, so consider that
? Do not build something that you wouldn't want in your way. For example: don't build a checkered cactus trap unless you have a means to get on the other side
? Make sure your builds still allow for easy access and space enough for running through. You do not want to get lost running through the town to a safer building or stuck then die
? Consider having multiple levels of defences in case of failure
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:56 am   Post subject: RE:CompSci.ca Minecraft Server (now online at CS1.ca, updated to 1.6.6)

I set up the DeathValleyTP and the residence permissions for the area. I decided to make DeathValley a PVP area and srounded it by fences and warning signs so no one can wonder in by accident. The two buildings (the one with the beds and the wood one with the chests) area safes houses where PVP is disabled and creeper protection is in place (the TP room is also safe).

Everyone can build in DeathValley, however the safe houses are limited to the trusted group only (if you need to build in them let me know and i can give you access). The TP room is off limited for building to every one but Monkeyguy, tho there should not be much need to build in it, it is a small area.

Try to keep the building in the fenced area (there should be enough room).

As for a possible date/time i recomened September 10th at 8pm EST. If any one can not make this let me know and we can make adjustments.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:16 pm   Post subject: Re: CompSci.ca Minecraft Server (now online at CS1.ca, updated to 1.6.6)

Here are some images of the DeathValley area.

deathvalley4.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  890.75 KB
 Viewed:  121 Time(s)

deathvalley4.png

deathvalley5.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  472.18 KB
 Viewed:  115 Time(s)

deathvalley5.png

deathvalley3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  741.72 KB
 Viewed:  114 Time(s)

deathvalley3.png

deathvalley2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  70.93 KB
 Viewed:  117 Time(s)

deathvalley2.png

deathvalley1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.97 KB
 Viewed:  112 Time(s)

deathvalley1.png

Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:38 pm   Post subject: RE:CompSci.ca Minecraft Server (now online at CS1.ca, updated to 1.6.6)

Sept 10, 8pm works fine for me, added to my Calendar.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Monkeyguy5000

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:22 pm   Post subject: RE:CompSci.ca Minecraft Server (now online at CS1.ca, updated to 1.6.6)

I support this day as well.

As for building updates:
? Port Entrance is more or less complete. We can add a storage room in the west wall platform. I added staircases so everything is easily accessible.
? The stone shack has been revamped and is 3 blocks high inside and has a ramp down to defend the entrance. Chests have been moved into the storage facility
? There is now a walkway done up to only the storage facility
? Keep is a work in progress by TerranceN. I'd help with it, but I have no idea what he's doing with it
? Walls are a work in progress
? There are also some basic fail safe mechanisms I added to corridors in the Port Entrance. These are gravel held up by forces. If a creeper or ghast blows a hole inside a building and allows other mobs in or even if spiders overtake a specific area, run back, hit the torches, and it should be safe.
? There is now a statue of Dan, half complete. Feel tree to finish it off if you'd like.
? Cobblestone is running out fast. I know Thegreatradio has some and it's been coming over, and there's also about 4.5 double chest worth at the Newbie Institution (ForestTP). It's usually a junk item, so if you have it, bring it. VERY useful for builders and for you as space saving!

Ideas:
? Bar
? Town hall
? Inn
? Adding a diamond sword to the statue of Dan (using light blue wool to save diamonds)
? Other types of fortification
? 11 radius towers at each corner of the fence line with the central block being the corner of the fence. Check out one of the towers I built for an example of 11 radius set up. These leave spaces for things like chests without being too complicated to move around in. Maybe each one should be 4-6 stories high, just so it can allow us to attack ghasts.
? More fail safe mechanisms, wherever they fit. Try your best to make it look nice
? Maybe getting the gate/bridge mod on the server? Might be a good thing to have for builds in general and it's an easy fail safe mechanic for us to work with
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:38 pm   Post subject: RE:CompSci.ca Minecraft Server (now online at CS1.ca, updated to 1.6.6)

Hello all. I just came back from camping. I have decided that until November 11th (some of you know why lol), I will be giving up video games completely. So you will only see me on once more to give all my items into death valley. I am sorry I can't help out and everything, but I really need to focus on school (especially doing 20 hours a week for my job)
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:55 pm   Post subject: RE:CompSci.ca Minecraft Server (now online at CS1.ca, updated to 1.6.6)

Are you an Uncharted fan then, mirhagk? 'cause that's all I know that's happening november 11th.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:22 pm   Post subject: RE:CompSci.ca Minecraft Server (now online at CS1.ca, updated to 1.6.6)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyrim

No I'm not an unchartered fan, I'm a elder scrolls geek.

Also I apologize to anyone and everyone, but I need to quit fully (cutting back doesn't seem to work out, I gotta go cold turkey)
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:23 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:CompSci.ca Minecraft Server (now online at CS1.ca, updated to 1.6.6)

mirhagk @ Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:22 pm wrote:
No I'm not an unchartered fan, I'm a elder scrolls geek.
From the company that's suing Notch over "Scrolls"!?! Shocked
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:53 pm   Post subject: RE:CompSci.ca Minecraft Server (now online at CS1.ca, updated to 1.6.6)

Yeah, everyone takes Notch's side, but he's not a small tiny indie programmer, he's a millionaire.

And Elder Scrolls and Scrolls are kind of similar, I can definetly see where they are coming from.
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:15 am   Post subject: Re: RE:CompSci.ca Minecraft Server (now online at CS1.ca, updated to 1.6.6)

mirhagk @ Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:53 pm wrote:
Yeah, everyone takes Notch's side, but he's not a small tiny indie programmer, he's a millionaire.

Very true, people sympathize probably because he hasn't started any "corporation" or studio as of yet. They still view him as indie in that manner.
mirhagk @ Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:53 pm wrote:
And Elder Scrolls and Scrolls are kind of similar, I can definetly see where they are coming from.

I don't know about you (since you're the geek Laughing ) but IMO, Scrolls doesn't remind of Elder Scrolls as much as say, Skyrim does.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 5 of 9  [ 130 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: