Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 CCC 2011 - Are you ready?
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
z_cross_fire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:14 pm   Post subject: Re: CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

Here is one of them!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:04 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

wow, thats actually beautiful, thank you.

They accept any programming language that has a free compiler, so using VS2010 C# is allowed. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
z_cross_fire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:55 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

Stage 2 cut-off is 40/75.....
A.J

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:49 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

Haha, if only. The actual cutoff is closer to 60, or 59. You are thinking of the cutoff to have your code reviewed by the University of Waterloo again.
z_cross_fire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:51 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

I just got my result....I got a 30.
Part marks are not awarded for questions 1,3,4,5.
And yes, the cut-off is 40.
A.J

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:00 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

No, the cut-off for Stage 2 is not 40. I already know of at least 30 people with a score of => 40. On the marking instructions it states that all senior participants with a score of => 40 must have their code sent to the University of Waterloo. That doesn't mean that the cut-off is a 40 (if it were, everyone in my school would have made it).
saltpro15

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:12 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

A.J @ Mon Mar 07, 2011 wrote:
...That doesn't mean that the cut-off is a 40 (if it were, everyone in my school would have made it).

A bit off topic but are those the same people who (almost) knocked us out of qualifying for ECOO provincials? It would seem they have improved quite a bit!
A.J

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:44 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

Well, they were close to 60, but a few typos kind of limited their scores to around mid - late 50's.

But yes, they have improved (I must say that I am really happy with that).
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
z_cross_fire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:40 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

@A.J.
Oh yes, you were right!
I re-checked with my teacher, and he said it was the mark that was required for him to send the solutions to UW.

By the way, are the students from your school trained for contests like that, or are they naturally insane coders? Razz
A.J

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:40 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

One thing you should know about Waterloo Collegiate Institute is that all our clubs are student run, especially Computer Science club. So, every year there should be that one student who is willing to organize everything, right from contests to trips to contests. We don't really have any CS teachers (well, non-student CS teachers anyways). Having said that, WCI consists of students who either just started coding this past year, or who have been coding for about 2 to 3 years (it has been like this for the past 4 to 5 years).
ultimatebuster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:50 am   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

What's up with the province lacking CS teachers? I have no CS teacher here, and I'm the only programmer in school... and the only contest writer..
DemonWasp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:02 am   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

Almost none of the teachers who happen to teach high-school CS actually have any CS background. The majority are business or math teachers, and on occasion I've heard of phys.ed. teachers being assigned to CS classes.

Long story short: anyone with a CS degree can make more money programming, by a long shot. Also, in my experience, the kind of people who are interested in CS aren't typically interested in getting up in front of a class to teach.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:32 am   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

I'm lucky enough to have a math teacher who has a compsci background. it's great, he's a total nerd like me
Shanethe13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:31 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

Just got my mark: 63/75. Got S1-S4 right, but my attempt at S5 was a bit too slow to get more than couple of the test cases right in time. Got all the right answers, but some took more than a minute to calculate. I'm going to have to look at that linear solution someone alluded to in the other thread, it sounds interesting to say the least.

Great job to everyone who wrote the contest this year, it sounds like a lot of you are going to make it to stage 2!

Speaking of stage 2, as someone who has never been before, and stands a chance at going this year, how exactly does it work? Is it just a one-day contest, similar to stage one, except we have to use C or Pascal?
A.J

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:45 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

Well, Stage 2 consists of 2 three hour contests, each taking up one day. Each of these contests will have 3 questions, marked out of 100 points per question. So your total score will be 4*Stage 1 score + Stage 2 score (that's a grand total of 900 points).
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 7 of 8  [ 119 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: