Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 CCC 2011 - Are you ready?
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Helldemon80

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:52 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

ultimatebuster @ Tue 01 Mar, 2011 6:26 pm wrote:
I still don't know what it means by lose mark by efficiency.. If it's what i think it is (excessive for loops, for example), then i'm losing marks big time Razz

Pretty much its how fast your code runs given the input. Using excessive amounts of loops can definitely make a program slow, I don't know how many loops you used but it could mean loss in efficiency.

Anyways finished the CCC, Senior Division. First two were way too easy to be a senior question, and the 4th one i had an algorithm for, but couldn't implement it (i fail..). That was my last CCC, I only really did two in my high school including this one. I wish i got into coding much earlier into high school...I feel if I had way more experience I could do well in these contests. ECOO coming up so that's to look forward to Very Happy.

Edit: Well I actually did implement the algorithm for the 4th one (I think) but the right answer wouldn't come up, always missed it by a few numbers. I might have missed a spot to check, I'll check once everyone is done the CCC i guess. This is really bothering me...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ultimatebuster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:01 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

5 nested for loops (maximum of 6! loops, however.) Razz I could either do that or come up with nothing. Well I know how i should do it now.. but it's kinda too late Razz
helLOHELlo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:17 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

I did senior for the first time..

did junior last year and had lots of stupid mistake(got 1 for j1, but 15 for j4 and 13 for j5 last year Sad )

I'm not very happy about what i did actually, since i spent way too much time on s4 (like 1hr and a half)
i finish s1,s2,s3in 1hr, but s3 is not that complete... i will miss some test points

as for s5... i just wrote something for input and output and some wired code(i understand them at the time, but i cant' recall the reason now...) I don't expect actually get anymarks from s5 anyways..

Still, i enjoyed it...
mirhagk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:49 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

ugh I can't wait to discuss specifics lol.
JavaNewB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:57 pm   Post subject: Re: CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

my first doing the CCC lmao, ummm cuz last year was my first year doing programming so I didn't feel like i knew enough things...
well, i barely did 4 questions but this will be my last time as i am in gr 12
so when can we discuss the specifics
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:24 pm   Post subject: Re: CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

JavaNewB @ Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:57 pm wrote:
so when can we discuss the specifics

Does Friday, after 3pm, sound reasonable to you guys?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:30 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

yes that does, thank you tony.
crossley7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:32 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

I got s1 and s2 no problem then did s4 quickly but found out later it missed a key part to the problem, so only got 1 test case right and then spent an hour on 3, realized I was doing it wrong, fixed in another half hour and didn't bother with 5 since I only had 20 minutes left and would have only got a partial solution anyway. Will be neat to see how everyone solved these.

Hope to get all 5 next year
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
A.J

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:05 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

I was wondering whether it would be ok with people if I posted an analysis of the problems. I understand if you all want to discuss this yourself without a general 'analysis' as such. Just a thought.
UnnamedT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:20 pm   Post subject: Re: CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

YES A.J

I would love to know how to do S5

But gotta w8 till the Friday...
Helldemon80

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:32 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

A.J @ Tue 01 Mar, 2011 9:05 pm wrote:
I was wondering whether it would be ok with people if I posted an analysis of the problems. I understand if you all want to discuss this yourself without a general 'analysis' as such. Just a thought.

Please do that A.J Very Happy
mirhagk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:39 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

sounds good AJ, can't wait to see it friday
helLOHELlo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:45 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

Sounds good AJ
saltpro15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:08 pm   Post subject: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

spent 10 minutes on S5 before realizing it was a lot harder than I thought Sad No stage 2 again probably, it was fun writing the CCC for the past 3 years though!
Helldemon80

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:24 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:CCC 2011 - Are you ready?

saltpro15 @ Tue 01 Mar, 2011 10:08 pm wrote:
spent 10 minutes on S5 before realizing it was a lot harder than I thought Sad No stage 2 again probably, it was fun writing the CCC for the past 3 years though!

bahahaha, I did the same thing. Except I didn't really start it as I was spending my time using the wrong algorithm for S4 -_-. But when i looked at it I was like "Wow, this is so easy", then i really read the problem and I was like "....oh". But even so it doesn't seem too bad (I haven't really spent too much time looking at it even now), ill probably look at it in the next few days..
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 8  [ 119 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: