Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 RIAA?
Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Is the RIAA right in there lawsuits?
(No ending time set)
Yes
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Maybe
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
No
27%
 27%  [ 17 ]
Sorry, I am to busy downloading mp3s
58%
 58%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 62

Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
is it true that downloading music in canada is now illegal???

where did u hear this? the last i hured it was still undremitend but the last case got dismsised
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Okay, exactally.. (the papers) it said that the ISP's are no longer in the way of this.. downloading stuff (like they were before) but i don't get it... how can they know who is downloading with out the isps...?
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
Okay, exactally.. (the papers) it said that the ISP's are no longer in the way of this.. downloading stuff (like they were before) but i don't get it... how can they know who is downloading with out the isps...?

LOL, w/o going to the ISP it is imposable to find out who they are sewing. Unless they like hack in to your computer and try to find your persoanl infomation but if they did that the case whould be dismisted b/c they illgeal stuff to get the evidenc.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20041014-4313.html
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I was at warped tour and one band I was watchin play was like "Hey, we're *whoever*, if you like our stuff go buy our new album, If you cant afford to buy it then download it." The bands I listen to support music downloading.
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:39 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Ideally, everyone would buy your music. Right below that is that everyone appretiates your music.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.jinx.com/scripts/details.asp?affid=-1&productID=285

What a useful product Smile Just what we've always wanted to do with the RIAA.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ha ha. That is just what I think of them.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
zomg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

why would the bands care becasue they should be singing to get there message across not to make a quick buck...
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The thing is though, filesharing doesn't really hurt the big name bands. They still make huge amounts of money, and throw sold-out concerts constantly.

It's the emerging talent that gets hurt by this. Heard of The Arcade Fire? A brilliant new band, whose sales are definately going to be hurt significantly by piracy.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well i think that it whould aslo help them as much as it hurts them in other ways. For example there musick will reach more poleop then it could noramly and if it is good then poleop whould whont to go to there conserents and get there cds. Realy it whould hurt the crapy small bands the most Razz but the good small ones it aucatly can help and there are many exmaples of small bands that got know thorw the sharing of muscik. Tho in thos cased most of the bands put the muisck on there own site all ready Rolling Eyes

I say infomation should be free as soon as you put it public aviable in the world and that is what the net should be the colection of all of humnaitys infomation, thougths and ideas freely ablivable to any one....
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:

It's the emerging talent that gets hurt by this. Heard of The Arcade Fire? A brilliant new band, whose sales are definately going to be hurt significantly by piracy.

I have now!
Razz its things like this that makes piracy more common Razz
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Dan, have you read anything of Marx's books?

Yes, Russia does produce things besides Vodka.
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yea.. LONG LIVE CANADA!!! WOOT DE WOOT!!!
BTW: ... RIAA can suck my nuts.. and if u visit www.kazaa.com and download their software.. the RIAA hacks ur PC.. and will disable u from starting any other kazaa version (even after spyware remover and unistall) .. seriously..

.. couple of my friends acually used kazaa normal... i got them to uninstall.. then i isntalled klite .. everytime it opened it crashed.. for both of them.. and on working klite versions.. and i was told somewehre by someone taht it was the RIAA hackign taht did this..
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dont be foolish , if you use kazaa and doenload fro man americn source , you can legally be sued whe nyou step over the border ..... If you read through the permissions of htis law then you see all the nasty loopholes

" Downloading will be firmed as legal but Uploading and Hosting is still seen as Illegal "

so in this trick , we see that downloading is leagal but uploading is not , so if they charge and catch all hosts and uploaders , then there is nothing to download

See isnt that a neat trick of theirs.

also it states " downloads must be from a canadian source , all others are infriging on international federal policies "

dont be so narrow minded with your comments

its not a WHooo HOOO situation , there is much more fine print than

: its legal to download music "
   Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 30 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: