Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 VB vs Turing...
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

McKenzie wrote:
Dan, I don't think Turing uses C as an intermediate anymore (which is why you saw a LOSS of features in the recent big upgrade). I am not 100% on this.

well last time i checked if it was, was in truing 3.1. but just looking at the files in turing i found this:

turing.pdb wrote:

Microsoft C/C++ program database 2.00

and there are still thous C and C++ lexer file things in it

also on there site they still have this

http://www.holtsoft.com/turing/tech/comp_interp.html wrote:

Turing is a pseudo-compiler. (A what?) A pseudo-compiler is technology half way between a pure interpreter and a pure compiler. When you run a program in Turing, it translates the program not into machine-code, but into what is called pseudo-code. Pseudo-code resembles a sort of generic machine-code. It is not specific to any processor, but it follows the generalities of what most machine-codes look like.

alougth that could just be old, tom has never been good at keeping that site up to data

i gusse to know for shure we whould have to ask tom or some one eltes at holtsoft....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tom never replies to anything Rolling Eyes I think he's dead Shocked

anyways... if you're after weird stuff that comes out of Turing's ugly ass, try reading one of your compiled programs though a hex editor. They got their whole java IDE in there as well Confused

I think octopi was the one to bring this to my attention. Tom ofcourse has nothing to say about it Rolling Eyes
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

VB is just so much better and easier to use.
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: