Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Try 2 Hack!
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:
I thought it had something to do with the geocities banner that appears ONLY in this challenge Question

Well if we read the code we whould know that it dose not check the password entered but insted just loads a page based on this password ie passuentered.htm

Now when we look at all the fines in the dir it is loading from the only .htm files are the site with the password screen and the one that says congergualtions with is caled login.htm

so if one enters login as the pass it will load the page login.htm

i could be totaly wrong tho, it did seem to easy but it also seemed to work.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
djlenny_3000

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:

Well if we read the code we whould know that it dose not check the password entered but insted just loads a page based on this password ie passuentered.htm

Now when we look at all the fines in the dir it is loading from the only .htm files are the site with the password screen and the one that says congergualtions with is caled login.htm

so if one enters login as the pass it will load the page login.htm

i could be totaly wrong tho, it did seem to easy but it also seemed to work.

i dont see where it say login i understood righ taway that what u enter is the htm it will go to because when i oush cancel it goes to null.htm can u explain where u got the password to be "login" oh and thanks for the help it was a huge headache relieved
Smile
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

as i side (or tryed to), the passowrd is login b/c the page you are trying to get to is login.htm.

I found this out by simpley looking at the code and seeing that all it did was load a page given the file name and then i looked in the dir where it was loading pages and all that was in there where 2 htm files, the login.htm one and the one where you got that code from.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

interesting, so u look at the dir... lol
btw, level 9 is really ez.
djlenny_3000

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya lvl 9 is easy if u clear the clutter, the 1 im stuck on is 10 i figured out that the math problem has NOTHINg to do with it . so i looked more and more but now my eyeshurt, i can just imagine how 2morows compsci clas with gigaman is gonna be, 1 hour 20 minutes of staring at html code, YAY FUN
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you don't need to clear the clutter, all u need to do is change the bg color -_-, I can't imagine going and deleting all the color codes.
djlenny_3000

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no all i did was replace and </font? with "" it ended up being a question that was too easy, either way it was simple but do u have an answer for lvl 10 well not an answer but a hint
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

read back a few pages.
I somehow think that advanced mathematics has nothing to do with this.
although it IS interesting
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/BertrandsPostulate.html

its actually saying, you have a number larger than 3, there will always be a prime number between n and 2n

n=4 2n=8 prime = 5,7
n=10 2n=20 prime=11,13,17

etc...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
djlenny_3000

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo confused im gonna shoot myself i've spent 4 and a half ours staring at the same to notepad documents all i got was so stupid html code and a mathematical quote Hit Wall Blowing up

im going crazy i hust dont get it ive read everything before and i feel so thick headed because when i get it its gonna be so easy im actually gonna jump out my window and hit the ground and walk back in and be like oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyy gooooooooooooooood so someone just explain step by step where and what is the code cuz im gonna cry Crying or Very sad

mod edit: I deleted a bunch of the emoticons. Don't worry about this time, but in the future please try to take into consideration those who are at computers which are less capable and less willing of display so many animations. Besides, it's freaky annoying on the eyes Wink
gigaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:11 pm   Post subject: Excuse me while I find my revolver

Dan thank you so much for the code i can;t beleive I missed it although I new about the variable being the password which went into the URL. for level 9 i'd like to thank notepad for find and replace. I am currently working on level 10. DJ_lanny c ya 2moro hope i hav the level 10 password. any tips anyone?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

find source4.js
Read through the source of level 10 logically and you should notice something.. interesting
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I just want to know if it has anything to do with the Bertrands Postulate.
templest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:

No.
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:

well.. it depends.. on your perspective..
templest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rizzix wrote:
Paul wrote:

well.. it depends.. on your perspective..

No.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 10 of 11  [ 158 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: