Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Medieval RPG - Grail Quest
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Srlancelot39

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:13 am   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

ya my trees are sht lol >.<
by match, i think SNIPERDUDE means - make 'em look nice like the grass so you dont see shitty art on top of nice art lol.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:40 am   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

For the trees I'd start from scratch, keeping these in mind:
- round out the bottom so it doesn't look like paper
- make a few designs (3 should do it) for variation
- Just start with the shape, then worry about texture after

I'll see if I can come up with a few shapes later today for you to work with (even if just for inspiration or idea).

Side note: got the PM, replied.
Coldkick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:37 pm   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

Ok, well here is my first tree, if its the style we're looking for thats great, I'll make two others similar to it, if not just state what you want changed and I'll get to it.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:20 pm   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

That's much better, I really like the roots.
If I might just note, the lowest right branch looks thinner right where it joins the trunk, that might need to be fixed.

A couple more like that and I think we're set for dead trees. maybe after you could tackle the three tress outside the castle gate.
Coldkick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:42 pm   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

Here is the tree for outside the castle gates. I have some transparency issues right now, I'll have to do some stuff to the leaves.

SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:56 pm   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

For transparencies in Turing avoid JPEGs at all cost.
Coldkick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:12 pm   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

Ah, I see why the photobucket images look bad compared to the .bmp on my computer, they changed them to .jpg files. Stupid compression.
DanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:17 pm   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

*.png ftw
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
TheGuardian001

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:38 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

DanShadow @ Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:17 pm wrote:
*.png ftw

Not in Turing. BMP, JPG, and GIF only.
DanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:45 pm   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

EW
Coldkick

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:21 pm   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

Fixed the problem with the leaves, changed the mode on the leaves from Normal to Dissolve. It removed fade out, thus, no white left over.

New helm and battle axe are now complete.

Srlancelot39

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:55 pm   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

lol battleaxe got a dbl makeover!
nice trees btw 0.o
another thing...aww i'll tell u on skype...lol
copthesaint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:08 pm   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

Ok seriously, none of you know how to draw! :p

First off trees, they need to be layered, because thats how they are formed. That means many many lines in variations of colors with different depths and all depths of lights as well :p. Make sure you just dont go straight up with your trees, have you ever seen a perfectly vertically tree? I dont think so. Leaves = not cool. Just get rid of em and keep a good DESTROYED look Smile this is a game where you slay a dragon, shouldnt the dragon... nvm... Lol *stops before he writes an essay* I need to remember how much art is important to the average programmer...

Wasnt .png for the next version of turing that never came out? Razz
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:11 pm   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

Yes. And note the tree with leaves was for a part of map that's outside Camelot, not the dangerous lands.
copthesaint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:29 pm   Post subject: RE:Medieval RPG - Grail Quest

the art is still very bad Very Happy I dont care if its for the courtroom :p. jk
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 5  [ 62 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: