Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Defend your Wall!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
BITISCT

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:52 pm   Post subject: Defend your Wall!

This is a very simple game. At the time, i was happy to have come up with the recoil idea and the selective collision detection, but in retrospect it is all very simple. It's a little long cuz in the last two weeks before it was due i added a whole bunch of extra features to it. The graphics are crap (i'm too lazy to add decent ones) and there is no wall to defend, but here it is and plz dont tear me apart.

New Folder.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  New Folder.zip
 Filesize:  194.59 KB
 Downloaded:  484 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Monduman11

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:58 pm   Post subject: RE:Defend your Wall!

not bad its actually pretty decent... by my standards anyways lol dont know what the more advanced people will think though
BITISCT

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:19 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Defend your Wall!

Monduman11 @ Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:58 pm wrote:
not bad its actually pretty decent... by my standards anyways lol dont know what the more advanced people will think though

lol thats what i thought until i saw 3d turing games and hangman and shit like that
BITISCT

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Defend your Wall!

BITISCT @ Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:52 pm wrote:
This is a very simple game. At the time, i was happy to have come up with the recoil idea and the selective collision detection, but in retrospect it is all very simple. It's a little long cuz in the last two weeks before it was due i added a whole bunch of extra features to it. The graphics are crap (i'm too lazy to add decent ones) and there is no wall to defend, but here it is and plz dont tear me apart.

Almost forgot suggestions are welcome

Game.zip
 Description:
Hope this works

Download
 Filename:  Game.zip
 Filesize:  193.87 KB
 Downloaded:  184 Time(s)

Cezna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:33 pm   Post subject: RE:Defend your Wall!

Looks good, like the menus.
BITISCT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:05 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Defend your Wall!

Cezna @ Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:33 pm wrote:
Looks good, like the menus.

thnx they take up (along with all of the other main menu) 300? lines of code if i remember right
BITISCT

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Defend your Wall!

Updated version, i think ill call it... v1.2
anyways, got some tweaking and balancing to make the guns in the second tier more balanced and accurate (ull see what i mean)
Updates:
~added semi auto
~tweaked and balanced in response to a massive change to the way bullet holes are drawn
~fixed a bug in the pause menu
~a few other things i cant quite remember
~added the accuracy percentage counter thingy

To come at a later date:
~selective fire ie three bullet burst, full auto and semi auto
~third tier?
~waves instead of a constant stream of enemies
~perhaps a save game feature
~prestige and rank system
~effecientization
~more bug fixes
~Whatever else i get in terms of feedback(as long as i am capable)

Game.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Game.zip
 Filesize:  201.81 KB
 Downloaded:  176 Time(s)

mirhagk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:22 pm   Post subject: RE:Defend your Wall!

I like it man (obviosuly it has things that could be fixed, but what doesn't) The accuracy of the glock is kinda annoying and frustrating, but its a pretty good game nontheless.

This is gonna sound wierd, but I'm looking for good games/Turing programmers. I don't wanna reveal too many things in public until I get more details, but I think you should contact me, also if anyone else is interested in getting some publicity for their games, or just letting me use them, contact me. my email is nathan_jervis@live.ca
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
BITISCT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:14 am   Post subject: Re: Defend your Wall!

Updated version, i think ill call it... v1.3
anyways, got some tweaking and balancing to make the guns in the second tier more balanced and accurate (ull see what i mean)
Updates:
~added selective fire
~tweaked and balanced in response to a massive change to the way bullet holes are drawn
~fixed a bug in the pause menu
~a few other things i cant quite remember
~added the accuracy percentage counter thingy

To come at a later date:
~third tier?
~waves instead of a constant stream of enemies
~perhaps a save game feature
~prestige and rank system
~effecientization
~more bug fixes
~Whatever else i get in terms of feedback(as long as i am capable)

Defend Your Wall!.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Defend Your Wall!.zip
 Filesize:  12.99 KB
 Downloaded:  177 Time(s)

Turing_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:17 am   Post subject: Re: Defend your Wall!

Nicely done, but the percentage of accuracy is off. Say I hit 2 targets with 1 bullet?
It might be a good idea to add music or sounds cause watching targets fly by and me shooting them its like me saying,
"Got 1... Got 1... Got another", etc.
Think of adding a crosshair or a scope option, and i'm not sure if it is possible but make the cursor not there if you are doing the crosshair.

Overall, descent program. Keep up the good work.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:15 am   Post subject: RE:Defend your Wall!

Turing cannot hide the cursor because it does not have access to the Windows API.
BITISCT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:07 am   Post subject: Re: Defend your Wall!

Turing_Gamer @ Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:17 am wrote:
Nicely done, but the percentage of accuracy is off. Say I hit 2 targets with 1 bullet?
It might be a good idea to add music or sounds cause watching targets fly by and me shooting them its like me saying,
"Got 1... Got 1... Got another", etc.
Think of adding a crosshair or a scope option, and i'm not sure if it is possible but make the cursor not there if you are doing the crosshair.

Overall, descent program. Keep up the good work.

Thanks and when i added the accuracy counter, i was thinking of Goldeneye and how you can get over 100% accuracy by shooting someone with a shotgun and having more than pellet hit or shooting two people with one bullet, hence the 100+% accuracy
Turing_Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:48 am   Post subject: RE:Defend your Wall!

Alright I get it Smile
And too bad Turing cant access the API. Maybe that should come out in the next v of Turing, hmm? Just to access the cursor.
andrew.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:02 pm   Post subject: RE:Defend your Wall!

Well in the current version of Turing, the command Mouse.Hide is recognized (it turns black when you type it), but Holtsoft never implemented it before they went out of business.
D_homes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:29 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Defend your Wall!

Turing_Gamer @ Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:48 am wrote:
Alright I get it Smile
And too bad Turing cant access the API. Maybe that should come out in the next v of Turing, hmm?

andrew. @ Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:02 pm wrote:
Holtsoft ... went out of business.

LOL.

Cool game, I had tried to make something similar when I first started with Turing, but failed hard at it.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: