Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Best of Turing, Jan 2009-Feb 2010
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Srlancelot39

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:43 pm   Post subject: RE:Best of Turing, Jan 2009-Feb 2010

Wow!...so amazing to see my project on Truing Reviews =P. I am glad to see it got such high ratings in the areas I worked hardest on ^.^ .

Bad news: I will not be posting the source code for the game just for "copyright" reasons since I intend on taking the game father.

Good news: about the put more time in part, I intend to recode the entire game in C# with much help from 'cavetroll'.

I tried my best to make a story line in the three months I had to make it (it was a school project). The basic storyline I aimed for is: Your king has chosen you to find the Holy Grail and bring it to him lol.

Again, many thanks for enjoying my game as much as I did. =P

-Srlancelot39
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:11 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Best of Turing, Jan 2009-Feb 2010

copthesaint @ 3rd March 2010, 4:23 pm wrote:
Lol Thinking back to that now, Names probably would have been a good idea... Lol :/ How can I edit my top post? I think adding the names would kinda be a good idea ;p

If you PM the text you want to update the post with i can edit it for you.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
copthesaint

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:31 am   Post subject: RE:Best of Turing, Jan 2009-Feb 2010

Kk well Ill get back to you when I url everything, and add names.
jdubzisyahweh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:18 am   Post subject: RE:Best of Turing, Jan 2009-Feb 2010

i know, made it 3 years ago, didnt have a clue how to prog. but it is pretty, right????
jdubzisyahweh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:22 am   Post subject: RE:Best of Turing, Jan 2009-Feb 2010

Copyright wont stopp people from infringing or copying!!!!!
your reason for not realeasing source is terrible.
release source, just without the story.
THAT SIMPLE, we dont necesarylly want the story, just the math stuff
DemonWasp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:04 pm   Post subject: RE:Best of Turing, Jan 2009-Feb 2010

Copyright won't stop people copying it, but it will discourage people from copying it and then claiming it as their own (this has serious penalties and is actually enforceable).

Stop bothering people to release their source code. It's their source, they will release it if they want to. I personally would also advocate the advantages of releasing source code (as I am a rabid fan of Firefox, Linux, Apache's httpd, Eclipse and a variety of other open-source applications), but there are also legitimate reasons to keep the source closed. Bashing people who don't want to release their source code, for whatever reason, isn't conducive to getting them to release their code.
USEC_OFFICER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:51 pm   Post subject: RE:Best of Turing, Jan 2009-Feb 2010

I, personally, enjoy the story. Also I believe the only time you need to see the source code is if you are having problems with something, Which that program has. Although it would be better just to ask them for help instead.
copthesaint

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:37 pm   Post subject: RE:Best of Turing, Jan 2009-Feb 2010

Its none of your buisness if they dont want help. Yes there are problem, but Its His/Her Game and if they dont want help thats fine.
also Jdub, Name that makes no sence and cannot be repeated, Please, quit harrasing people for there source code. And there is also such thing as the EDIT button :l
If you came here to harras more people for source code, Leave this thread now :/...

Also I have spoken to my computer teacher about Wind surfer, he says he will see if my school still has him on file, he was in grade 11 in 2006, so he is gone from my school, for sure lol... but hell still check.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:55 pm   Post subject: RE:Best of Turing, Jan 2009-Feb 2010

To be honest, I'm surprised Pi at Sea Survival by the_bean isn't on the list. It's definitely one of the best games I've ever seen done in Turing.
USEC_OFFICER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:23 pm   Post subject: RE:Best of Turing, Jan 2009-Feb 2010

I meant if they want to help you. Better than source code.
copthesaint

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:09 pm   Post subject: RE:Best of Turing, Jan 2009-Feb 2010

Lol... INSECTOID ;p You had to find a good game made right at the start of 2009 lol. Ill definitly add that one to the list too, but I dont think it will be on the top 5.
hellbenderdescent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Best of Turing, Jan 2009-Feb 2010

I thought this was a really good idea great job
And hey my game was reviewed! Smile
chopperdudes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:01 pm   Post subject: RE:Best of Turing, Jan 2009-Feb 2010

hmm nice to see this, definitely some rly nice programs there. kinda sad that mine didn't go up there, or mayb you didn't review it cuz my thread wasn't actually named as a game perhaps.

anyways, in case you missed it, it's here http://compsci.ca/v3/viewtopic.php?t=20083

yes i'm pretty proud of it =P

edit, it's a (i think) awesome platformer scrolling mario-type game with pretty good graphics and 4 different levels. it is however... made to be educational since it was for an ISU.
copthesaint

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:02 am   Post subject: RE:Best of Turing, Jan 2009-Feb 2010

:I Another game from january lol, ill check it out.

Also I love how everyone spends such a long time making there programs, I however made all my games in less then a weak Lol. It took me 3 days to make chain linkz 2, and 6 days to make my program that plays multiple music files ithout slowing turings speed. I should spend a couple of months on a program and see what I get Lol... *Im not bragging, since It is hard for me to stay focused on one program lol*
Turing_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:40 am   Post subject: Re: Best of Turing, Jan 2009-Feb 2010

Is Pi at Sea survival up there??
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 44 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: