Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Cyril

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

Shanethe13 @ Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:25 am wrote:

Awesome! That's a great mark, was this for junior or senior?

Senior. Hopefully we'll make Stage 2 again, but this is going to cripple our IOI indices...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jimjim168

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:56 am   Post subject: Re: Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

Hey guys, what do you think of the cutoff for Stage2 this year? And what was it last year?
I really think that some problems this year are kinda hard... I sure have a lot to get improved... Smile
A.J

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:22 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

I believe the cutoff will be around 45~46.
bbi5291

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:46 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

Cyril @ Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 pm wrote:
Shanethe13 @ Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:25 am wrote:

Awesome! That's a great mark, was this for junior or senior?

Senior. Hopefully we'll make Stage 2 again, but this is going to cripple our IOI indices...
Assuming that stage 2 is out of 600, you're only 32 points behind Robin and me, so don't worry about it.

A.J wrote:

I believe the cutoff will be around 45~46.
45 sounds about right to me. But what is the meaning of "~" in this context?
Shanethe13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:06 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

Got my grade today for junior. Got perfect on 1-3, and 5, but I completely misunderstood what was being asked of me in question 4, so I ended up with about 65/75 or so.
Draymire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

i realized while reviewing the question that i messed up j1 bad, and i feel stupid for what i did. i can't wait for my teacher to tell me my mark.
andrewshen123

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:33 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

Results just came in: I got 60/75 on the Senior contest (first 4 problems perfect, no points on the last).
DtY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:42 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

That Asian Guy @ Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:32 pm wrote:
DtY @ Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:01 pm wrote:
I thought of a really clever way to parse s5 input in python, that I'll post if I'm allowed to yet.

I'm sure lots of people thought of it though.

im pretty sure youre allowed to, since answers for J1-J4 have already been posted in the above link
In that case, input for s5 can be parsed with

Python:
eval(raw_input().replace(" ",","))
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jli1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:51 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

DtY @ Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:42 pm wrote:
I thought of a really clever way to parse s5 input in python, that I'll post if I'm allowed to yet.

im pretty sure youre allowed to, since answers for J1-J4 have already been posted in the above link

Python:

The one issue is that the input is not consistent. Some test cases use no spaces between the brackets. Others do..... If the input is the first case, it would cause something like (,(5,6),) which is not good.

If I had done junior, I would have hardcoded problem 1, since there are only 10 possible inputs.

Also for people that want to figure out their mark-ish: the test data is here (as mentioned before).
bbi5291

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

If anyone does not know their score for the Senior contest yet, you can send me your code and I'll mark it for you.
That Asian Guy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:09 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

jli1 @ Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:51 pm wrote:

Python:

The one issue is that the input is not consistent. Some test cases use no spaces between the brackets. Others do..... If the input is the first case, it would cause something like (,(5,6),) which is not good.

If I had done junior, I would have hardcoded problem 1, since there are only 10 possible inputs.

Also for people that want to figure out their mark-ish: the test data is here (as mentioned before).

or the easy way would be
code:

int number = int.Parse(Console.ReadLine());
                int count = 0;

for (int i = 0; i <= 5; i++)
                {
                        for (int ii = 0; ii <= 5; ii++)
                        {
                                if (i + ii == number && i >= ii)
                                {
                                        count++;
                                }
                        }
                }

Console.WriteLine(count);
konnetikut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:12 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

Wow, I seriously hope a 45/75 can get me into Stage 2.

On another note, the test cases for S3 bug me a little. It seems that you can assume a non-circular street from 0 to 999999 and still score full marks. There aren't any test cases like, for example:

which would output 1 if the street was circular, 250000 otherwise. My solution also fails some other really simple self-made test cases, but I haven't figured out why yet...

That Asian Guy @ Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:09 pm wrote:

or the easy way would be
code:

int count = 0;

{
                        {
                                {
                                        count++;
                                }
                        }
                }

Or an even easier way would be:
code:

put 3 - abs (5 - n) div 2

from http://access.mmhs.ca/ccc/2010/j12010.txt
jli1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:38 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

That Asian Guy @ Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:09 pm wrote:

or the easy way would be
code:

int count = 0;

{
                        {
                                {
                                        count++;
                                }
                        }
                }

konnetikut @ Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:12 pm wrote:

Or an even easier way would be:
code:

put 3 - abs (5 - n) div 2

from http://access.mmhs.ca/ccc/2010/j12010.txt

But those require some level of thinking Razz. Having a switch on the input, with the only possible outputs being 1-3 requires much less thinking.
DtY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:51 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

jli1 @ Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:51 pm wrote:

Python:

I need to look at the input specification more closely next time then Sad

In that case, the replacement could have been done with regular expressions, s/(\d+|\)) /,/g , with the proper python functions to do that.

The expression's probably wrong, but it could be done with something like that.
A.J

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:19 pm   Post subject: RE:Here we go, CCC2010 discussion zone!

Note that UW asks the teacher to send all scores >= 45...so, if they don't get 20 sent in the first place, the cutoff could potentially be less than 45!
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 6  [ 83 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: