Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 1337 speak
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think what naoki is trying to say (and if he isn't trying to say it, then i am because somebody should) is that 1337 is for 14m3|25... at least, it is when it's used that much. it's ok when it's just using 0 instead of o, and simple stuff like that, but once you have 3+ characters to make 1 letter it gets stupid.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, stuff like \/\/ and /\/ or even ||_ are stupid.

you should stick to basic l337
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
LovelyCrap

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1337, the lowest form of communication known to man. Rolling Eyes

Why you would waste all your time carefully switching numbers and characters in place of letters to create "1337 speak" is beyond me.
naoki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Indeed, Mazer did get my message across (smartass Mad lol). I mean, it's kinda funny when you type a bit with friends, but using it over and over makes it pretty stupid, and using the same joke constantly (writing "Lamer" in 1337 speak for example) doesn't make it funnier.

BTW, my topic rox
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: