Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 not sure how to approach this...
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
zero-impact

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am   Post subject: RE:not sure how to approach this...

Oh relax corriep, we both know who is actually going to win this thing Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
saltpro15

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:13 pm   Post subject: RE:not sure how to approach this...

well, I'm glad you both know I'm going to win at least Wink

but seriously, good luck guys! Crossley has to destroy this contest Very Happy
A.J

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:10 pm   Post subject: Re: not sure how to approach this...

That sucks that I can't come and write the contest =(

Oh well, good luck guys =)
saltpro15

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:52 pm   Post subject: Re: not sure how to approach this...

Thanks A.J.

Mr Hughes just sent me the 2005 one, so for zero-impact and corriep, and anyone else who's interested, this is good practice

dsbn2005.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dsbn2005.zip
 Filesize:  11.59 KB
 Downloaded:  268 Time(s)

bbi5291

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:15 pm   Post subject: Re: not sure how to approach this...

What kind of contest is this exactly? I have never heard of a contest in which modular/procedural/OO style earns marks, and to me this requirement seems ridiculous, even comical. That makes it seem more like a course exam. Contests are supposed to be fun.
saltpro15

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:22 pm   Post subject: RE:not sure how to approach this...

does it say that? I haven't read all the rules. That seems odd to me as well. Since most of these questions are pretty simple...
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:53 pm   Post subject: Re: not sure how to approach this...

bbi5291 @ 2009-05-26, 6:15 pm wrote:
Contests are supposed to be fun.

Who says that's not fun? Or, on the contrary, who says contests are meant to be fun at all?

*edit* Awesomeness, 3000th post.
A.J

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:04 am   Post subject: RE:not sure how to approach this...

Let's not get into a debate, Gandalf.

I agree with Brian. This contest does seem a bit 'course-material', like if you will.

Nevertheless, I am sure that saltpro15, corriep and zero-impact will do well. And convey my regards to Mr.Hughes.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 23 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: