Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Cmo
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Foundation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:35 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Cmo

A.J @ Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:01 pm wrote:
Brian, are you writing the CMO? How many from Woburn made it? Waterloo CI has 6, and Massey has 2.

The top 50 qualify from COMC. The next 200 write the Repecharge to qualify for the other 50 spots.

Hm...since I'm in Massey, I think I would know better. We have 5 who wrote the CMO. 3 of us qualified from COMC, 2 from Repecharge. 4 of us wrote the CMO last year. Just to clarify.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
A.J

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:56 pm   Post subject: RE:Cmo

Oh, sry Peter. I forgot to count you, Frank and Ann. I only counted the people who made Repechage.
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:34 pm   Post subject: RE:Cmo

Mr. White still in charge of contests at Massey? or is he retired?
Foundation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:20 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Cmo

A.J @ Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:56 pm wrote:
Oh, sry Peter. I forgot to count you, Frank and Ann. I only counted the people who made Repechage.

You mean qualified for CMO from Repechage, right? We had around 6 make Repechage. It's fine.

bugzpodder wrote:

Mr. White still in charge of contests at Massey? or is he retired?

Hey Jack, how's it going? Mr. White is still here and his programs are still running fine. Our compsci program is getting stronger and stronger now. Mr. Mac is doing a wonderful job. You probably don't know me, but you knew Andy, right?
A.J

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:39 pm   Post subject: RE:Cmo

So, how did people do?

WCI did pretty well. How did others do?
bbi5291

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:43 pm   Post subject: Re: Cmo

I only solved the first question. (NOW do you get how bad I am at math?)
Foundation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Cmo

bbi5291 @ Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:43 pm wrote:
I only solved the first question. (NOW do you get how bad I am at math?)

It's okay, Brian. Making CMO is hard enough. Only around 100 write it. Smile
Alexmula

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:12 pm   Post subject: RE:Cmo

how do they determine which ppl write this olympiad contest
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:23 pm   Post subject: RE:Cmo

You have to do very well in the Canadian Open math contest.
A.J

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Cmo

So Peter, how did you guys do?

Don't worry Brian, I thought I solved questions 1 -> 3, but when I came out of the contest, I found out that I only got #1 perfectly (i.e. The n# of 2*n grids with no stranded black squares is 2(3^n) - (2^n) or something like that, I forget). My #3 was on the right track, but wrong eventually. My #2 was not completed on the official papers, but rather my rough notes on separate blank paper Hit Wall

So, maybe 10, maybe 8, I don't know...
Foundation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:29 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Cmo

Alexmula wrote:

how do they determine which ppl write this olympiad contest

Your answer, already in this thread just a few posts above. Qualification for CMO:

Foundation @ Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:35 am wrote:

The top 50 qualify from COMC. The next 200 write the Repecharge to qualify for the other 50 spots.

A.J wrote:

So Peter, how did you guys do?

I think we did what we could, but it all depends on the actual difficulty of the contest this year.
Alexmula

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:38 pm   Post subject: RE:Cmo

sry i meant what kind of score you need to have like 60+/80?

and do they do this with the euclid as well? (if you do "well" you get invited to write another contest?
Foundation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:22 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Cmo

Alexmula @ Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:38 pm wrote:
sry i meant what kind of score you need to have like 60+/80?

and do they do this with the euclid as well? (if you do "well" you get invited to write another contest?

Ah. I misunderstood, it's no problem. Usually it takes above 70 to qualify straight from COMC, but these past years have been a bit easier, so it's low 70s that are needed out of 80.

Well...the CMO 2009 is already over before Euclid, so they can't invite you for that, and there are not other contests that follow up from the CEMC. Razz
A.J

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:41 pm   Post subject: RE:Cmo

Peter, by how well did you do, I meant how many did you solve. I realise that you probably did all that you could do Very Happy
Foundation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:25 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Cmo

A.J @ Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:41 pm wrote:
Peter, by how well did you do, I meant how many did you solve. I realise that you probably did all that you could do Very Happy

I would not know for how many my solution would be correct, as the official ones have not come out and official marking will be different. I answered all 5 and was unable to complete the proof for 4.
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 31 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: