Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [USACO Monthly] March
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Analysis Mode

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:06 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:[USACO Monthly] March

A.J @ Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:50 pm wrote:
I do the training pages in USACO. I am at the last 2 questions in Chapter 5. I have been working on these for about 1 year (I started 13th March 2008). The questions are quite challenging, but there are always some trivial ones along the way to motivate you (thanks god for those, they are lifesavers Very Happy). I started SPOJ sometime ago, but the questions are kinda all over the place...they ought to be sorted according to some level of difficulty. Although thats just my opinion.

So I've heard. I mean, I can do concepts up to Chapter 3 in USACO (I learn from Gr 11 CS and I do SPOJ), a few concepts a bit beyond, but I've heard people say that some of the concepts in USACO are not applicable in other contests. USACO is outdated, but the majority of algorithms and concepts taught are useful in contests. However, I can say with confidence that all the concepts in USACO can be found on SPOJ and sometimes, even their algorithms aren't fast enough to get AC on some SPOJ problems.

And Foundation, you are Peter Wen, are you not?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
A.J

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:23 pm   Post subject: Re: [USACO Monthly] March

Analysis Mode wrote:

And Foundation, you are Peter Wen, are you not?

hey hey, so I am guessing you know too
Analysis Mode

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:09 pm   Post subject: Re: [USACO Monthly] March

So which problems in Ch 5 have you left to do?
A.J

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:14 pm   Post subject: RE:[USACO Monthly] March

I have yet to do the question "Two Five" and "Picture"
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: