Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Ecoo 2009
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
whlue

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Ecoo 2009

A.J @ Sun May 03, 2009 4:13 pm wrote:
whlue wrote:

Apparently we're the first independent school team to make it to the finals according to my CS teacher.

'Independant school team'? could you explain that please (to me at least)?

By that I mean private school board. The ECOO website calls it the independent school board.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:49 pm   Post subject: RE:Ecoo 2009

just wondering, how are you guys getting ready for finals?
zero-impact

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:23 pm   Post subject: RE:Ecoo 2009

Well that was fun Very Happy

How did you all do?
saltpro15

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:24 pm   Post subject: RE:Ecoo 2009

gah we failed Sad happy just to be there though, anyone here get Q1?
DanielG

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:13 pm   Post subject: RE:Ecoo 2009

I got Q1
corriep

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:37 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Ecoo 2009

DanielG @ Sat May 09, 2009 5:13 pm wrote:
I got Q1
Shocked Claping
A.J

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:41 pm   Post subject: RE:Ecoo 2009

We failed .... A LOT worse than I expected...

at least reach for the top is going well (well, it is VERY unexpected....we made the TV round...i.e. top 10 in the province)
DanielG

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:45 pm   Post subject: RE:Ecoo 2009

AJ, we didn't do that much worse than the expected, if it wasn't for that weird bug we had on problem 3, we would have gotten our expected score.
Anyway, congrats on reach.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
saltpro15

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:03 pm   Post subject: RE:Ecoo 2009

We failed horribly and it's my fault Sad I absolutely should have gotten 3 and 4, or at least one of them. Instead I failed Q3 and didn't even start coding Q4 Sad congrats to the rest of my team though, you guys did great!
Analysis Mode

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:16 pm   Post subject: Re: Ecoo 2009

I wish you luck tomorrow A.J.

(btw, I won't be on the TV rounds, as the other sub has a category which I suck at down pat: sports)
zero-impact

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:17 pm   Post subject: RE:Ecoo 2009

It's not your fault. We took way to long on the tree one. And then I wasted the rest of the time on far far far to slow Question(the one with the numbers and the words).

Would anyone be willing to give me a peek at there answers?

By the way. A.J. What is reach for the top?
Analysis Mode

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Ecoo 2009

oh w/e, i'll answer, since i happen to be online:

Reach for the Top is a national trivia organization in Canada. Teams of 4 players (excluding substitutes) are pitted against each other and a quizmaster reads questions to which teams try to buzz in and answer them. You may buzz before a question is finished, but the reader immediately stops reading as soon as you do that. There are also a variety of different styles of questions. The top team from each region was invited to participate in the Provincial championships.

The top 10 teams from here advance onto the TV rounds on TVO, to be held 5/11 and 5/12 (tomorrow and the day after tomorrow).

A.J.'s team, Waterloo CI, placed 8th in the province. Our team, Woburn, placed 3rd. As a result, we're playing each other tomorrow. Other teams that made it are UTS, Lisgar CI, Merivale HS, Centennial CVI, etc.
A.J

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:24 pm   Post subject: RE:Ecoo 2009

May the best team win, Analysis Mode
zero-impact

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:12 pm   Post subject: RE:Ecoo 2009

Oh cool. When is it televised?
A.J

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:13 pm   Post subject: RE:Ecoo 2009

We lost Sad.... oh well, well played to you guys, Analysis Mode! I hope you guys win the whole thing Very Happy

@zero-impact: it is aired at the beginning of September (I know, a long wait!). Since we are the 3rd game, it is probably the third week of September. You can also check out www.tvo.org/reach to catch all the episodes at the beginning of September to see us playing.

btw, DanielG, I mentioned you on tv for teaching me how to play the 'handflute' thing (can't think of what else I would call it). I played the theme from MathCircus on tv Laughing
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 8 of 9  [ 123 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: