Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Got Owned on CCC
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:58 pm   Post subject: RE:Got Owned on CCC

thanks chili
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
chili5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:59 pm   Post subject: RE:Got Owned on CCC

No problem!

Wow S1 was a 3 star senior. The highest level question from the CCC i ever looked at was 2 star junior. :-S However dwite was hard. But omg that was hard. Sad
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:03 pm   Post subject: RE:Got Owned on CCC

argh im going to go jump into lake erie I can't believe I made that little mistake in J2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and J4 seems so easy now Sad
Shardul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Got Owned on CCC

Yeah, I found the contest to be hard this year. I have never written the CCC before but I looked at the previous contests so I totally didn't go in unprepared and on the contests that I looked beforehand, I managed to get 2 / 5. But I only got 1 on the CCC Junior. Sad

Also, anybody know how the CCC is marked? Cuz I had the junior number 4 working for all cases below 30 (lots of inefficient ifs : P) but I deleted it in my quest to find a proper algorithm. Oh well, next year it is, hopefully before university applications : P
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:09 pm   Post subject: RE:Got Owned on CCC

CCC round 1 is marked by our CS teachers, there's usually 5 test cases worth 3 marks each for a total of 15 per question, it's different sometimes though.
Shardul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:11 pm   Post subject: Re: Got Owned on CCC

Sad Wasted marks and wasted opportunities
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:17 pm   Post subject: RE:Got Owned on CCC

hey, I lost 15 marks because I did
for k : 1..something
instead of for k : i .. something
!!!
DanielG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:18 pm   Post subject: RE:Got Owned on CCC

just found out what my problem was for Q1-5 (excluding 2 which I did in turing),
I used freopen which changed file standart input to file input, but it also caused system("pause") to fail (I used a different IDE which didn't need that) and so the teacher couldn't see the output (since the window close to quickly).
hopefully, my teacher will remark it (as 15/75 is far from a pass by my standards).

EDIT: add clarification as to mistake
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tomszy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:28 am   Post subject: Re: Got Owned on CCC

Well, you shouldn't have been using system("pause") anyway. Since it's standard output, your teacher should have been redirecting the output to a file to mark it. Our school used some batch files to automatically mark all the test cases for C/C++ submissions. Off the top of my head, I can't remember the exact syntax to redirect output.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Got Owned on CCC

Tomszy @ 11th March 2009, 8:28 am wrote:
Off the top of my head, I can't remember the exact syntax to redirect output.

In a unix envoriment it is ">> filename.txt" after what ever comand to appened the std out to the file filename.txt. You can use just one '>' to override the file competly. Here is a good page with more info: http://www.mathinfo.u-picardie.fr/asch/f/MeCS/courseware/users/help/general/unix/redirection.html

If you are running a process from with in a program, most langues allow you to cature the std out of a process too, witch is how the DWITE does it for the std error and out streams however we have std out disbaled for reporting to the students.

In any case you are right, system("pause"), should not be used in your programs to keep the window open. The teacher should have been runing the programs from the console, and it is rdiculess if they did not give you full marks becues they did not know how to keep the window open.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 40 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: