Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Got Owned on CCC
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:35 pm   Post subject: RE:Got Owned on CCC

Well, apparently I lost some marks due to prompting/output formatting on questions that didn't have specific prompting instructions (on the junior questions). I feel it's retarded to have to have exact output format.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:38 pm   Post subject: RE:Got Owned on CCC

insectoid, i did that too, but I caught it before I handed in my question, are you talking about J1 where it has to get the digits on the same line instead of the line underneath your put statement?
phleet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:05 pm   Post subject: RE:Got Owned on CCC

Go do practice problems on UVa:

http://icpcres.ecs.baylor.edu/onlinejudge/

The problems there vary greatly in difficulty, but I would say the majority of them are harder than S1-S3 and there are many harder than anything that's ever been on CCC. UVa works like Dwite, but it's constantly running and does not tell you how many test cases you got right - it's all or nothing.

There's also the Sphere
http://www.spoj.pl/

Which I haven't touched much, but I know that Hanson trained himself on this. He's ranked worldwide there, so yeah. I haven't really touched this because the variety of problems are much different than those on CCC - more concerning arcane mathematics and programming in languages I have little interest in learning (whitespace).
DanielG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:37 pm   Post subject: RE:Got Owned on CCC

our teacher hasn't finished marking yet, but so far highest is 29... we all failed....(xiao hasn't been marked yet and mine has some wierd problem not at my fault so I would probably do better than 15....)
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:46 pm   Post subject: Re: Got Owned on CCC

found this
Canadian Computing Competition 2008
Stage 1 Junior Average (Mean) 29.56
Stage 1 Senior Average (Mean) 22.81
Junior Certificate Cutoff 44
Senior Certificate Cutoff 33
Number of Competitors 1624

any ideas as to what the cutoffs will be this year? I would think lower considering how difficult the problems were
Euphoracle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:52 pm   Post subject: RE:Got Owned on CCC

Haha, S3 I forgot to add in the built in friend structure. D'oh. And there's my memory showing off it's stripes. Oh well, I did horribly on this contest, but that's ok, because I did eventually solve them all at home. Apparently, I can't work timed like that :p
A.J

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Got Owned on CCC

the certificate cutoffs will certainly be lower, and sol will the stage 2 cutoffs

The stage 2 cutoff will probably be around 55ish (maybe even lower).
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:27 pm   Post subject: RE:Got Owned on CCC

In the 'welcome to CCC Good luck' or whatever problem I failed to realize that 7 letters per line may result in more than 2 lines of words, and mine only works at 15 or more letters per line. Unfortunately, no test case ran a number >= 15. Sad. I got zip on that question.

@saltpro15, I think it was the fish one, I put

X trout, Y northern pike, Z northern pickeral

which was right, but for the max number of combinations, I had just the number, instead of a "Max combinations: A"

That question was actually dirt simple, I used a triple nested for loop and an if statement. That was also the one on which I was docked for input, because the question showed the input as

code:

while previous questions had in the sample:

code:

Number 13: 9
Number 14: 8
number 15: 0

So I figured I would format everything exactly as the sample input. Bad idea. Well, now I know for next time.

I did notice it was much harder than last year's, last year the first 4 junior questions were ridiculously easy, this year you had to think from J2 on. Senior was just insane.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:36 pm   Post subject: RE:Got Owned on CCC

My J2 was behaving very strangely... I brute forced it and got it to output all possible combos correctly, but for the amount of each type of fish the answers would overlap somehow Sad maybe I'll post it this weekend, see if anyone knows what I'm missing
chili5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:57 pm   Post subject: RE:Got Owned on CCC

Ouch I only got 6/75. Sad
DanielG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:10 pm   Post subject: RE:Got Owned on CCC

I got 15/75 (only got points on Q2, which I did in turing), but that's because for some reason my code is doing problems the teachers IDE/perhaps input files (since I used freopen). anyway, as it isn't my fault (worked on my computer and is not a mistake) I will probably get more than that
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:13 pm   Post subject: RE:Got Owned on CCC

@DanielG
this is why I used Turing Very Happy
but next year, c++ for sure
Analysis Mode

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Got Owned on CCC

hmm, four people from my school got a score of 60 or more on Senior. IF I were to harbor a guess, cutoff would be between 55 to 65. don't ask about my score, I FUBARed really badly.

S1 - i outputted all the number that satisfied the range and the count instead of just the count
S2 - don't know why I didn't get this
S3 - failed to: 1) read the problem statement, and didn't output "No Path" 2) left out one edge.
S4 - used the right algorithm, but: 1) started at all the pencil cities and tried to reach the end instead of starting at the destination and going from there.
S5 - didn't bother to code the solution that apparently gets 6/15 (the pure brute force solution in which you keep a 2D array and add bitrates to it for every circle).
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:55 pm   Post subject: RE:Got Owned on CCC

Sad is there any way for me to get a copy of this year's senior questions? I really would like to know what you all are talking about :p
chili5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:50 pm   Post subject: RE:Got Owned on CCC

http://access.mmhs.ca/ccc/index.htm

Smile
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 40 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: