Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Ccc 2009
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
divad12

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:11 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2009

I will be taking the VIA train 85 to Kitchener on Monday (May 4th). Who else is going to UW via that train?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bbi5291

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:26 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2009

All five Woburn invitees are taking this train, including me.
divad12

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2009

Let's bring ping pong paddles, and play ping pong! Smile
Cyril

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:07 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2009

See you all in ~14 hours!
Cyril

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:38 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2009

Hey.
Wow. Never been with so many smart people in my life- it was quite an amazing week. I'm glad to have met these like-minded (if I may say so without being pretentious) people.

First of all, congratulations to Brian, Hanson, Peter, and Robin. This year's Canadian IOI delegation is very strong. Perhaps you guys can beat the Chinese team this year! (not)

If you were there, you probably know what happened to me a few hours ago. That was pretty funny. If you weren't- basically, fate player a horrible prank on me and convinced me for 10 seconds that I was a gold medallist. Ah, there's always next year for fantastic IOI travel. >_>

See some of you tomorrow at ECOO!
DanielG

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:16 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2009

Cyril, you do know next year IOI is in Waterloo, you wouldn't get to travel much.
bbi5291

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:38 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2009

I suspect that he did know that and he was being sarcastic.
DanielG

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:58 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2009

true, should have realized that.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cyril

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:48 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2009

Sorry, sarcasm does not carry well on a computer science forum.
Cyril

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:58 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2009

Hahaha, my dad took a video of said horrible prank. I might release this. (Also, I made a typo earlier that I can't fix, so: sentences[9].words[5][5] = 'd'; )
bbi5291

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Ccc 2009

I actually thought that Troy pulled this on purpose because I had said something earlier to the effect that computer science was a subset of mathematics, which seemed to displease him (and he was sitting at my table), and also because I mentioned that I thought I wasn't going to be on the IOI team, but that I wasn't exactly sure.

I felt really bad for you though...
Cyril

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:10 pm   Post subject: RE:Ccc 2009

Oh, there's no reason to feel bad. I never felt bad for myself. I went to the banquet knowing that my placement would be somewhere in the middle of silver. I'm simply not "IOI material" this year. (You are.) This will probably give people the misconception that I was the runner-up, but I think that was Jon.

Time to start doing SPOJ stuff!
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 9 of 9  [ 132 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: