Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 making a diamond with *
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
kousha41564

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:37 pm   Post subject: RE:making a diamond with *

explain the repeat command to me ?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
kousha41564

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:38 pm   Post subject: RE:making a diamond with *

i havve read the help section of turing but i just dont get their definition of repeat
ecookman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:27 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:making a diamond with *

Tony @ Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:45 pm wrote:
@ecookman -- other languages will hardly make drawing ASCII patterns any easier for you. I'm not sure how you've decided that Turing is so much worse and so much more "painful" than other languages, if you don't know enough about other languages to use them

the other language i know is VB not vb.net just straight up VB

i havn't figured out how to do that stuff in vb, but making games in vb...refer to

[url] http://compsci.ca/v3/viewtopic.php?t=19530 [/url]

i have done more... hoping to post it later on tonight or tomorrow
dc116

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:23 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:making a diamond with *

kousha41564 @ Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:38 pm wrote:
i havve read the help section of turing but i just dont get their definition of repeat

let's use this code for example
code:

put repeat("*", 7)

In this line, you're not outputting a single asterisk, but rather 7 (as indicated by the number inside the parenthesis).
kousha41564

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:07 pm   Post subject: RE:making a diamond with *

OOOOO thank you very much
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: