Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 lame AOL users
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Kingnoz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i remember delivering the aol cds for "the Record" (my local newspaper)...and i would always keep like 50 or so and use them for frisbees and for putting drinks on

the best was when they used diskettes cuz it would eliminate the need to buy blank diskettes...insert disk....format a:....wow!!! a blank diskette Shocked
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, diskets were somewhat acceptable. Though now you cant get them. Even if you call them and ask for one, they wouldn't send it to you. I remember reading about some guy who called in and said that he wants to subscribe to AOL, but his computer is old and doesnt have a CD drive. Asked if they could send in a floppy for him to install and they said "no". Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
octopi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Only purpose I ever found for aol cd's were throwing at people/objects.....sometimes they shatter into many small peices....it can be quite fun Razz....except when all that shinny stuff gets everywhere, and you have to clean it up.
krishon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, i just crack'em in half
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The ultimate suicide.

Split an AOL cd in half and slash your wrists with it. The headline:
AOL one ups GTA in the suicide category.
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Darkness wrote:
The ultimate suicide.

Split an AOL cd in half and slash your wrists with it. The headline:
AOL one ups GTA in the suicide category.

inflicting wounds with... plastic. you're always thinking darkness! Laughing
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey, I've cut myself with a broken cd before, I'm sure it could be done.
krishon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u cut urself with a cd...........wow......that's all i can say, lol.....wow
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Broken CD shards are sharp.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

or you could save the AOL Cds and send them to a third world country, Im sure the kids there are in desperate of toys and accesories.

just imagine, for each AOL Cd you send over, you will be making a kid in Congo very happy.

I guess there are uses for AOL Cds afterall.
krishon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh broken...i thought he meant he cut himself with a normal cd that's not broken Confused
Corybu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Aol wouldnt be so bad if you could close the main window, and still surf using IE or something. Aol freezes at almost everything when you use it to surf, and it limits download speed to like 3k/s cause it has to refresh the damned welcome screen all the time.

If you could use just IE and have a sign on similar to Sympatico, you could probably get 6-10k. Which is great for just e-mails and messenger programs.

I tried to play Unreal Tournament online on AOL... it sucked, because everyone has like 20 or less ping, and im up at like 200 or more, I was getting wasted, and now im down with the 20 somethings, and its awesome.

I think that aol had the potential to be a good internet program, if they could keep up. Spend liss time advertising, and more time and money to make a good product (Like Sympatico, or Cable) and they could be good.

I want to get T1 running to my house... Or SONET... Mmmmmmm hehe.

If you dont know what SONET is, it is (as far as I know) the current fastest network connection available right now, if you could get that on a pc, and connect it to the internet you could potentially download (1 terabyte/s I think... Its been a while since Ive checked. I saw it during a class in my CCNA course...)

Its nice though, lol.

oh well, im rambling lol.

Ill stop.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 27 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: