Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 SAST (Students Against Stupid Turing)
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

rizzix wrote:

mocking me of course hehe Wink

wha? why? Confused

If I was to get into CCC stage 2 next year, I'd want to use eclipse 8)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
krishon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, i think it wuz my post
BlAcK TuRtLe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

turing is an ok language. I found that turing was easy to learn and now im doing java and find most of the structures etc are the same with just different words. Head Bang
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

uhm.. actually there is a difference.. you'll get to that i guess deeper in the course. although most of it is pretty much the same concepts.. but you won't get too fool around with modules in java.
krishon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yah...java and c++ are interchangable, once you know one, it won't be too hard to switch to another
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

man, now when i program in turing, i keep on puting semicolons at the end of each line...
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

krishon wrote:
yah...java and c++ are interchangable, once you know one, it won't be too hard to switch to another

got to agree on that, but don't get too carried away with that illusion. I too thought they were the same, in fact exactly the same, except for a few features added and a few removed. But i was wrong.

After i learnt c++, i realized there is a slight difference that makes programming c++ a bit uncomfortable after your used to java. In other words there are some things in java that appear to behave just as is, in c++ at first sight, but taking a closer look at the situation there is a difference.

One main factor for this is garbage collection (got to miss that feature in c++), because of GC (garbage collection) you don't have to worry about chain method call that return a new object in java, but in c++ it is ideal to destroy all new objects (objects created on the heap). This is one of the ways flexibility is restricted in c++. It's not much but once ur used to it, you feel it.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 4  [ 52 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: